Heavy eBikes

Do you mean to test ride yours in order to find out if I feel it is too heavy to ride without assist? Thanks for the offer, but the bike that I am interested in is in Aurora so I will hopefully drive down this week and test ride.

Do you mean to test ride yours in order to find out if I feel it is too heavy to ride without assist? Thanks for the offer, but the bike that I am interested in is in Aurora so I will hopefully drive down this week and test ride.
not a problem. The Prodigy does just fine without power assist on the most part. It weighs 50lbs and I just use different settings depending on how steep hill is. If you change your mind, let me know

As far as how much PAS is needed, I would imaging that the weight of the bike is not extremely relevant, unless the motor is undersized. The biggest factor is probably rider weight which tends to have a wider range of variance.

For me, bike weight is most relevant to handling/transporting/servicing it.

Most ebikes have various levels of PAS, so when you combine rider weight/cargo weight/intrinsic bike weight together (along with other factors which affect the work the motor has to do, such as tire size, incline, wind, surface, etc), you should be able to dial up a PAS level which gives you level of comfort you’re looking to achieve.

If you plan to ride a heavy fat tire bike with power only 10% of the time, you’d better not have many hills, and be ready to settle for 10 mph.

The fat tires REALLY slow you down.

If you ride a lot of trails, it might be worth it anyway.

Wife/I (67/71; 140/240; 5'6"/6' exercise 70%) bought Aventon Levels (64 lbs) 9 months ago. Ride pretty nice, usually use pas 1 or 2 so we pedal most of the time with help on hills and a little additional speed. Currently in FL on RV trip and riding 25 mile trips 2-3 times per week= fun. Loading bikes on rack attached to back RV bumper is easy; hold rear brake, pull back on handle bars and wheelie bike and set front tire in rack than just lift back of bike onto rack and secure. Bought a no name rack that says good for 200 lbs so no issues on the first 1500 miles of our 3500 mile journey.
I load my ariel rider grizzly (85 lb without batteries) like you but lift the front then rear. Then the same with my wife's rad mini .I'm 73,255.I see alot of people struggling lifting the whole bike

My ariel rider grizzly is pretty good peddling without power on hard surface that's flat .better than my rad mini

I purchased this Wing with 75 miles in Denver. Weighs 40lbs and I rarely use the assist, which is exactly what I wanted.
5-23.jpg

That's a nice looking bike. Unique design but nice nonetheless. I bought Aventon Solteras for the same reasons you mention. Relatively lightweight and rides like a heavy non ebike. My camp neighbor has a Lectric 2.0 he says is a bear to pedal if the battery dies.

I do not know the range. Instructions say to charge after each ride, which I do not do. The one time it showed two bars, it was erratic before not working at all.
I had never seen this style before seeing the add. It is a knock-off of a Dutch Vanmoof. I have also seen online a Bird in the same style.

Back