Hauling ebike

Graggy

Local time
4:37 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can carry my bike in the back of my pickup without breaking it and without spending a lot of money on a rack?

Can anyone tell me how I can carry my bike in the back of my pickup without breaking it and without spending a lot of money on a rack?
Welcome to the forum. I would say buy 4 ratchet straps & carry it like a motorcycle. Drive it in the back of the truck, then strap it down with 4 straps.
Screenshot_20231003-073004_Chrome.jpg

I would say your cheapest route, would be to make your bike rack for 2 bikes out of 2x4's

The wife and I are heading out to watch some spring training games Arizona and do some tourist things while out west for a few weeks. We are taking our e-bikes and I don't want to haul them in our travel trailer. This what I'm going to use and so far it has worked out good. The bikes are stable and fairly easy to load and unload for this old man. I like that it doesn't take up all my bed space. For wet weather I plan wrapping the bars in trash bags and securing with bungee cord(s). If I really have to I can put them in the trailer but only as a last resort.
20240220_133128.jpg20240220_133148.jpg

The wife and I are heading out to watch some spring training games Arizona and do some tourist things while out west for a few weeks. We are taking our e-bikes and I don't want to haul them in our travel trailer. This what I'm going to use and so far it has worked out good. The bikes are stable and fairly easy to load and unload for this old man. I like that it doesn't take up all my bed space. For wet weather I plan wrapping the bars in trash bags and securing with bungee cord(s). If I really have to I can put them in the trailer but only as a last resort.
View attachment 13391View attachment 13392
Pick-ups are pretty uncommon in Europe, but for work I have a Nissan Navara and I do the same... after learning here :) , just using an heavy and old wool blanket as a protection for the car door.

The version I set up is for one. Just get the 2 bike product. That's a Ford Expedition in the picture.

Attachments

• Avneton and Carrier.jpg
    Avneton and Carrier.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 28
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
in my personal opinion first, at least for double cab pickups, there is not always enough space, second this way it results in all the floor being taken up by a bike, and third, securing the bike so that it does not jerk and slide risking damage and abrasions becomes more complicated than if it is straddled on the rear door.

But clearly this is my personal preference.

Back