Has anyone tried splicing/replacing the Himiway Cruiser motor to controller screw lock connector?

AllGloryToGod

Local time
5:25 AM
Hi All

I am wandering if anyone has tried to or successfully been able to splice and/or replace the screw lock connector that joins the wires from Himiway Cruiser motor to the controller?

Connectors go bad or things go wrong with them and have noticed that with Himiway connectors (the connector between the controller and the motor) they do not sell them and are difficult to locate short of going a very very long process to get.i.e. that particular connector is manufactured in China company named Mutual. There does not seem to be anywhere else online to locate them or info regarding.

So as this particular connector only seems to serve the purpose of convenient swapping of exact compatible part(s). Another way to resolve problems would be to directly splice and replace with easier to find alternative connector type.

Also with Himiways' very unfortunate after sales support and service methods and provisioning if any along with the many founded experiences and reviews of such online. So many are finding that after they purchase from Himiway they are left to be on their own for solutions repairs etc.

And naturally for those that claim that they have had no problems, challenges, troubles with their Himiway product(s) or experiences...those would not necessarily parallel with this thinking, but... for the So Many out there that are experiencing so much unnecessary aggravation and frustrations after paying what is considered to be a considerable amount of monie(s)..

Hopefully that helps with your curiosity Sir.

Have a Very Blessed and Safe day :)

I'd suspect if one were to get the wiring correct, one could use almost any type of connector.

You can get Bafang connectors and solder them on but BE SURE you GET the WIRING RIGHT

As long as you can solder you should be alright.

Connectors go bad or things go wrong with them and have noticed that with Himiway connectors (the connector between the controller and the motor) they do not sell them and are difficult to locate short of going a very very long process to get.i.e. that particular connector is manufactured in China company named Mutual. There does not seem to be anywhere else online to locate them or info regarding.

So as this particular connector only seems to serve the purpose of convenient swapping of exact compatible part(s). Another way to resolve problems would be to directly splice and replace with easier to find alternative connector type.

Also with Himiways' very unfortunate after sales support and service methods and provisioning if any along with the many founded experiences and reviews of such online. So many are finding that after they purchase from Himiway they are left to be on their own for solutions repairs etc.

And naturally for those that claim that they have had no problems, challenges, troubles with their Himiway product(s) or experiences...those would not necessarily parallel with this thinking, but... for the So Many out there that are experiencing so much unnecessary aggravation and frustrations after paying what is considered to be a considerable amount of monie(s)..

Ok I see why you are trying to get ahead of what you feel is a potential problem. I own a Himiway Cruiser also and can say from what I have seen that connector is way above average to what other Mfgs are putting on their e bikes. With that being said my belief is you will not have an issue with that connector unless you exceed its power ratings or suffer some sort of a damage from external forces.

Short of having the full wiring diagram for the bike and finding another connector that meets or exceeds the specs of the Mutual connector I would not suggest trying to "splice" another connector in its place unless absolutely necessary.

From looking at the wiring diagram (what I think is for the cruiser) showing on Himiway website (although the way they have it listed is a bit confusing as in one of their headings for the wire diagram it states for cruiser , however after clicking on that heading title the page that you are taken too does not specify cruiser...

I looked at the one that they show (hoping it is applicable to the cruiser) the diagram shows all the colors for the wires and it appears they all match up color to color, so with that being the case, definitely seems to be achievable for direct solder connect, butt connectors etc.. or even changing the connector out for a different easier to find that naturally is compatible.

From looking at the wiring diagram (what I think is for the cruiser) showing on Himiway website (although the way they have it listed is a bit confusing as in one of their headings for the wire diagram it states for cruiser , however after clicking on that heading title the page that you are taken too does not specify cruiser...

I looked at the one that they show (hoping it is applicable to the cruiser) the diagram shows all the colors for the wires and it appears they all match up color to color, so with that being the case, definitely seems to be achievable for direct solder connect, butt connectors etc.. or even changing the connector out for a different easier to find that naturally is compatible.
Why are you still so concerned about this connector? Can you explain to the followers if you have had a bad experience with this connector?

Hmmm, Interesting..

although I am not sure as to if I follow or why the seemingly strong concerning inquiry regarding my posting.

I was just following up and sharing from my ongoing research (this is a forum right? for helping, sharing etc,)

Pretty sure that my post(s) are clear and explanatory.

***Is there a reason Sir that you seem to be so bothered by this quest and follow through process.

There are A Lot of others out there that unfortunately cannot say that they have had no problems or issues with their Himiway.
Only fair to provide as much help as possible. Pretty sure there are MANY out there that can agree to what I mentioned before earlier
in this thread with regards to Himiway support issues, waiting months and enduring unnecessary hardships and inconveniences leading them to researching themselves to find or in hopes of finding solutions themselves as Himiway support not reliable leading many to just simply doing repairs themselves etc..

I have seen many reviews online with people that have purchased from Himiway
(As I have as well..as mentioned before I own a Himiway Cruiser myself)
that have waited MONTHS for solutions and/or parts and even some that had no success at all with Himiway support etc..

It is easy to mention the good and or easy things about something, but isn't it also good to share the solutions and ideas for the unfortunate situation and experiences ..after all aren't we supposed to (or should want to) actually help when or if we can.

Himiway (or actually the manufacturer) seems to have a good thing going regarding their long range ebikes, but again as already mentioned
not only by myself but also by MANY others their support, follow up, assistance etc has it's challenges.

Other than already having explained in my previous post(s) which didn't seem to be of any problem or offense.. I do not understand or pretend to know why or the questioning you are presenting.. (only after I actually have done homework and provided, followed up with my findings and resolution processing, you suddenly seem to appear to come across as if your are somehow bothered even to the point of implying that I have some kind of exaggerated ongoing concern ???

This is a forum for exactly what I have been doing ..

Or am I not allowed to post my inquiries, concerns, research, help, findings etc like so many others on here have?

My intention here is not to be or come across rude in anyway or even offensive, just that after reading your responding questioning the way that you have presented it and in the apparent light and implying way that you have done.. this is the only way I can think to fairly and honestly reply Sir.

In advance if for any reason I have somehow offended you, please forgive me Sir. I have just posted and explained my inquiry, idea(s), research, concern(s), solution(s) with follow up.

I Sincerely and Respectfully hope that you have a very wonderful, blessed and safe day Sir

God Bless you and Thank you Sir.

Hmmm, Interesting..

although I am not sure as to if I follow or why the seemingly strong concerning inquiry regarding my posting.

I was just following up and sharing from my ongoing research (this is a forum right? for helping, sharing etc,)

Pretty sure that my post(s) are clear and explanatory.

***Is there a reason Sir that you seem to be so bothered by this quest and follow through process.

There are A Lot of others out there that unfortunately cannot say that they have had no problems or issues with their Himiway.
Only fair to provide as much help as possible. Pretty sure there are MANY out there that can agree to what I mentioned before earlier
in this thread with regards to Himiway support issues, waiting months and enduring unnecessary hardships and inconveniences leading them to researching themselves to find or in hopes of finding solutions themselves as Himiway support not reliable leading many to just simply doing repairs themselves etc..

I have seen many reviews online with people that have purchased from Himiway
(As I have as well..as mentioned before I own a Himiway Cruiser myself)
that have waited MONTHS for solutions and/or parts and even some that had no success at all with Himiway support etc..

It is easy to mention the good and or easy things about something, but isn't it also good to share the solutions and ideas for the unfortunate situation and experiences ..after all aren't we supposed to (or should want to) actually help when or if we can.

Himiway (or actually the manufacturer) seems to have a good thing going regarding their long range ebikes, but again as already mentioned
not only by myself but also by MANY others their support, follow up, assistance etc has it's challenges.

Other than already having explained in my previous post(s) which didn't seem to be of any problem or offense.. I do not understand or pretend to know why or the questioning you are presenting.. (only after I actually have done homework and provided, followed up with my findings and resolution processing, you suddenly seem to appear to come across as if your are somehow bothered even to the point of implying that I have some kind of exaggerated ongoing concern ???

This is a forum for exactly what I have been doing ..

Or am I not allowed to post my inquiries, concerns, research, help, findings etc like so many others on here have?

My intention here is not to be or come across rude in anyway or even offensive, just that after reading your responding questioning the way that you have presented it and in the apparent light and implying way that you have done.. this is the only way I can think to fairly and honestly reply Sir.

In advance if for any reason I have somehow offended you, please forgive me Sir. I have just posted and explained my inquiry, idea(s), research, concern(s), solution(s) with follow up.

I Sincerely and Respectfully hope that you have a very wonderful, blessed and safe day Sir

God Bless you and Thank you Sir.
Ok well I guess you have your reasons but you do seem to be overly concerned about the reliability of the Himiway bike you bought. From my research which has been extensive even to the point of locating and speaking with the actual manufacture of the Himiway bikes, I can tell you the connector you asked about is the last component in the bikes build I would be concerned about. That's why I keep asking you.

1st of all the connectors exceeds the requirements for the power (voltage and amperage) the "stock" Himiway controller can pass through it. 2nd the probability of the connector failing because of too many connect and disconnections is highly unlikely because there are few circumstances under normal use it would need to be touched.

Basically what I'm saying if it aint broke don't fixit.

There is another reason that you might need to splice is because the axle nut will not fit over the connector in case you need to replace it. I had to open a motor hall sensor wire was broken under the threads.

I have worked on the Himiway 750 hub motor and they do have a problem with hall sensors failing. One case was a broken wire other was a sensor it self located in side the motor. Axle nut would not clear that connector.

Hi All

I am wandering if anyone has tried to or successfully been able to splice and/or replace the screw lock connector that joins the wires from Himiway Cruiser motor to the controller?
Actually, I'm about to do exactly that. I have a Himiway Cruiser and that connector has one of the coil wire connectors burning up. Probably wasn't making really good contact and got overheated with the current through it. Its called an L915 connector and the only place I could find one was on AliExpress. Just search for L915 connector. There are 9 wires in that cable and 6 of them will be small diameter wires from the Hall sensors. Three will be used to carry current to the 3 sections of the coil windings. I'm going to solder the connections and use heat-shrink tubing on each connection and overall on the whole section of cable.

Back