Has anyone tried Apple AirTags?

Snoop

Local time
2:01 PM
These are actually quite small/ coin sized, and could probably be hidden within a bike pretty easily. Batteries supposedly last a year.

I wonder how effective they would be at helping you/law enforcement find a stolen bike?

Am I correct in assuming that anyone with an Apple phone could locate the bike?

Am I correct in assuming that anyone with an Apple phone could locate the bike?

I think only the person who has the AirTag linked to their Apple Account can find it, but it somehow uses other phones in the community and ”the cloud” to work. I’m not an expert in that, however.

Here is info from Apple.

Seems like something which could even be dropped down a seat tube depending on diameter.

If I had one of the very expensive ebikes some folks do, I would probably consider it.

Judging by this, any Apple device can ping your Airtag. "Your AirTag sends out a secure Bluetooth signal that can be detected by nearby devices in the Find My network. These devices send the location of your AirTag to iCloud — then you can go to the Find My app and see it on a map. The whole process is anonymous and encrypted to protect your privacy. And itʼs efficient, so thereʼs no need to worry about battery life or data usage."

Back