Greetings from Farmington, CT - CEMOTO Ebike

daveinct

Local time
5:49 AM
I am totally new. Purchased a previously owned e-bike. I call it a Generic e-bike. But as best as I can figure out based on the serial number, it is made by CEMOTO and looks nearly identical to the CEM-AEB02. Based on the original battery, it probably was manufactured in 2016.

The only things I have had to do is give it a good service and replace the battery. I need to replace the front light. I paid $260.00 and it has nearly new Continental tires. The e-bike runs well but on the low setting, it seems to cruise pretty fast. I would say at 10 to 11 mph. It has an Model 810 Li Controller and Intelligent Brushless Motor. Is it possible to slow the low speed setting down?
20210424_121839.jpg
I see in some threads people have mentioned some parameters that could be changed to do what I want. But I can't find any documentation to help on this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello, welcome to the forum! Your ebike looks like it has been well kept and barely ridden. I think you got a good deal!

You're right it does look very similar to the CEMOTO CEM-AEB02 here:
CEMOTO-AEB02-ebike.jpg

Based on the photos it looks like it only has a simply LED display am I correct? This means it would be hard to lower the speed settings. If it had a digital display then you could possibly change the wheel size and trick the controller into thinking it is going faster than it really is. This is usually only an option on do-it-yourself ebike kits though, since those ones are made to be fitted to a range of bikes with different wheel sizes.

Hello, welcome to the forum! Your ebike looks like it has been well kept and barely ridden. I think you got a good deal!

You're right it does look very similar to the CEMOTO CEM-AEB02 here:
View attachment 1546

Based on the photos it looks like it only has a simply LED display am I correct? This means it would be hard to lower the speed settings. If it had a digital display then you could possibly change the wheel size and trick the controller into thinking it is going faster than it really is. This is usually only an option on do-it-yourself ebike kits though, since those ones are made to be fitted to a range of bikes with different wheel sizes.
Anton, Thanks for your reply. It does only have an LED display. I am doing some further research. But it also may be a case of just getting used to the motor kicking in. This I consider my learning e-bike. And I'm beginning to see the difference the in expensive e-bikes. Clear advantages to the more expensive digital displays. Again, thank you.

I am totally new. Purchased a previously owned e-bike. I call it a Generic e-bike. But as best as I can figure out based on the serial number, it is made by CEMOTO and looks nearly identical to the CEM-AEB02. Based on the original battery, it probably was manufactured in 2016.

The only things I have had to do is give it a good service and replace the battery. I need to replace the front light. I paid $260.00 and it has nearly new Continental tires. The e-bike runs well but on the low setting, it seems to cruise pretty fast. I would say at 10 to 11 mph. It has an Model 810 Li Controller and Intelligent Brushless Motor. Is it possible to slow the low speed setting down?View attachment 1544 I see in some threads people have mentioned some parameters that could be changed to do what I want. But I can't find any documentation to help on this. Any advice would be appreciated.
In many cases involuntary speed is governed by the controller. You didnt say whether speed is under power assist or throttle. To reset, you must go to an ebike mechanic and he/she will reprogram using a computer. I had my new controller reprogrammed and the reset increased power without using more battery power. This is helpful on my hills. Now, I use all lower power settings instead of two high settings. Best to discuss with an emechanic. It's worth it. They love challenges. You may have to leave the bike, get a receipt.

Thanks you for the replies. I am getting used to the motor kicking in now, but I still think it goes very fast in the lowest mode. I contacted eBikeling and they have a direct replacement with an LCD screen that will allow you to choose the PAS 1-5. I believe that may be my solution.

Dave

If there is a deadline for return, ride the bike as much as possible in all settings unless you think the bike is defective or not manufactured to your liking. There are bikes like my Tern ebike that has smooth acceleration and no surprises.

You see, I came from motorcycles and bicycles so, there's a difference. I like gradual or sudden speed depending on the traffic. With my ebike, its gradual, because its 250W, its low power with a Bafang mid-drive motor up to 20 mph. Bafang is one of the largest and most reliable companies in the world. Mid-drive is good for gradual acceleration.

The right ebike brand, power wattage and motor position (front, rear or mid-drive) are key. Be patient and use common sense when trying out bikes. If it takes a month, so be it. Remember, you can get any nice bike with any dealer with dealer financing and down payment. Also, catalogs show bikes the dealer does not have in stock that you can order. Dream ebikes. Dont forget saddlebags that fold and rack bag.

Back