GREETINGS FROM CANADA - RIZE RX PRO

ISLANDER1089

Local time
1:31 AM
I'm a 74 year old man who has spent most of his life riding motorcycles, everything from Harleys to Hondas, and now I want to join the world of electric mountain/trail biking. We have a shorter riding season up here so a fat tire setup would allow me to do some trail riding in the snow. I'm currently considering the RIZE RX PRO model, built by a small Canadian company. If anyone out there has any experience with this company or model I would love to hear from you.

Welcome! I never heard of Rize until I read your post. I checked their site, and I'm quite impressed with their selection, build, features. and appearance. The price seems right in line with what you're getting on any of their bikes. I like when ebike companies offer a range of builds - mid drive, rear hub drive, fat tire/city tire, folding, step-thru, choice of colors, etc.
If I didn't already have an ebike (a converted pedal bike), I could easily be considering Rize as well.
I'll be checking this thread to see if there are any Rize owners giving you advice.

Welcome! I never heard of Rize until I read your post. I checked their site, and I'm quite impressed with their selection, build, features. and appearance. The price seems right in line with what you're getting on any of their bikes. I like when ebike companies offer a range of builds - mid drive, rear hub drive, fat tire/city tire, folding, step-thru, choice of colors, etc.
If I didn't already have an ebike (a converted pedal bike), I could easily be considering Rize as well.
I'll be checking this thread to see if there are any Rize owners giving you advice.
Hey there Vinz, glad you checked into Rize. You should watch some of the Rise Ebikes videos on YouTube. That helped sell me. I plan on ordering the RX Pro model. It has the power and suspension system to handle the street or trail and I might even try riding in the snow. Cheers

I'm a 74 year old man who has spent most of his life riding motorcycles, everything from Harleys to Hondas, and now I want to join the world of electric mountain/trail biking. We have a shorter riding season up here so a fat tire setup would allow me to do some trail riding in the snow. I'm currently considering the RIZE RX PRO model, built by a small Canadian company. If anyone out there has any experience with this company or model I would love to hear from you.
Hey there, I am 65 yr old in Minnesota and I own and ride a RIZE RX. I have over 2100 miles on it and absolutely love it. I have the Ultra 1000 watt Bafang motor. This bike is a blast, sometimes too much power. I have never had any issues with this bike. Good quality. BTW I am selling it!

Hey there, I am 65 yr old in Minnesota and I own and ride a RIZE RX. I have over 2100 miles on it and absolutely love it. I have the Ultra 1000 watt Bafang motor. This bike is a blast, sometimes too much power. I have never had any issues with this bike. Good quality. BTW I am selling it!
I wound up ordering the Rize RX Pro and am so glad I did. The quality of the build is impressive. It's still sitting in my living room waiting for the ground to dry out for my maiden voyage. When I received the bike there was still snow and some ice on my road so waiting to ride seemed like the thing to do. Now that things are finally drying out I'm anxious to get out there on the trails.

I am 85 years old suddenly got the urge to own and ride an ebike. The last time I rode a regular bike when I was in my mid twenties. I thought it might be a challenge. I bought Rize City mid drive bike. It didn’t take too long to get used to it. I can say I am having a blast. Looking forward to the summer.

I thought I might pop back in on this conversation now that I've had a chance to spend some time on my Rize RX Pro. I live in a heavily forested rural area so I've done dirt and gravel roads and the fat tires make you feel very stable. It doesn't take long to get used to the power from the Bafang 1000W motor. Where I really appreciate the power is on those steep up hill trails. I have learned the hard way not to do that with just throttle because you will wheely every time. The included suspension seat post is amazingly effective. I've added a bar end mirror on the left side which helps me keep an eye on my dog who follows me. I agree with Andy. I'm having a blast.

If you are coming anywhere close to liftng the front tire on that SUV you are trashing the drive train. You are going to have to learn that an ebike, even a Class-3 ebike isn't a motorcycle. USE the gearing. Pretend that big hummer is an 18-wheeler and walk through the gears. That's the worst problem with mid-drives, over-torquing the drive train, and not always having a straight chain line. Even using motor cutouts can be problematic changing gears. It's pretty amazing how much power you get in a 1.34h.p. motor isn't it? I don't recommend fat-trie bikes or any ebike that has to have a proprietary motor, battery, or frame... even worse all three, but I am sure it's fun to ride. Ride safe.

Hi Islander1089,
I was really heartened by your posts and the replies you received. My wife and I are mid 70s and were searching for eBikes. Our unassisted peddling days are not so fun filled any longer even though the vast majority of our cycling is on fairly flat, paved, cycle paths in Toronto or wherever we RV. After many hours of disappointing website searching and visits to local cycle shops I came across the Rize website. I really like the site as it gave a clear pictures and descriptions of the bikes. The bikes looked good quality from the pictures and the prices were certainly interesting. I raised a few questions with their Support Team and received a next day response. I believe I found the ideal bikes for us right away. The City MD for my wife and the Rize MD for me. The only problem I had was that their showroom is in Vancouver and we live in Toronto. As you know that is quite a commute to look at and try the bikes. They suggested looking on eBike forums to find reviews of their products which is what guided me to this site. They are obviously not afraid of customer reviews. They also explained that they have a robust return policy should the bikes not be satisfactory. Your posts gave me the confidence to try the bikes which I shall order straight away.

Back