Greetings Fellow Members

Vinz

Local time
2:48 AM
I see there's some senior members...Great!, I am 69, so I guess I fit right in.
I bought a pedal bike last June (2020), as the gyms and everything else were closed. It was the first time in 35 years that I have been on a bike. I took a short ride today - just to get my total bike miles over 2,000. I'm happy with that achievement.
And now, my 2020 Giant Roam 3 Disc is in the middle of being converted to an ebike. My Bafang BBS02B kit arrived today, so I went right to work. Hardest part so far was removing the cranks and bottom bracket - really tough!
I have a ways to go yet, but I already came across something that's puzzling. I'll post my question in the Displays section to see if anyone has an answer. On the DCP18 display, there's no place to change the number of PAS levels in the settings. It's been replaced by Default Mode. Hmmm, I don't even know what that is.
I'm sure I'll be checking in here often!

Welcome, Vinz. I hope your project turns out great!
I can't help you with your question about the display, but it probably defaults to 5 levels at pre-programmed power levels.
Anyway, best of luck to you.

Welcome, Vinz. I hope your project turns out great!
I can't help you with your question about the display, but it probably defaults to 5 levels at pre-programmed power levels.
Anyway, best of luck to you.
Thank you, Slogger.
I believe the PAS levels are fixed at 5. There is no menu item to change it. So I bought a 860C color display, which is older, but it has a menu item to change PAS levels, and it also has a brake indicator. This is very handy when adjusting the brake sensors used on my hydraulic brake levers. Today is only my 2nd day with the 860C display after changing the motor configuration with the configuration software.

Back