Great time for e-bike shopping

CWebike

Local time
3:19 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! If you are in the market for a great fat tire e-bike, it will be tough to find better pricing than all the Black Friday deals. Most brands are rolling out their best incentives this week. I am a Magicycle rider ( https://www.magicyclebike.com/ ) and am very pleased with the current sale pricing.
Last week my 3rd Magicycle was delivered to my doorstep -- 4 days from order to delivery! One more Magicycle and I'll have enough for every member of my family. I'm happy to say my experience with this brand has been excellent. Economically priced, high quality, and excellent customer service.
Offroad with Magicycle2.jpg

ooohhhhhhh....let's see the other 2 ya have as well.

Hard to make a decision with just 1 :)

How long have you been using the bike? Can the battery withstand long trips? :unsure:

How long have you been using the bike? Can the battery withstand long trips? :unsure:
Hi Isla -- I have been riding it more than a year and a little more than 1500 miles. It has an unusually strong battery with 52 volts and 15 amp hours. The 2022 Magicycles have an even better battery with 20 amp hours--and I could get the upgraded battery from magicyclebike.com -- Christmas? But for now I like this one just fine. Of course, everyone has their own definition of a long trip, and range varies with rider weight, terrain, wind, etc. to give you a little better idea, I live in an area that is filled with steep hills. No matter which route I choose, every ride will include at least 2 very steep hills and several moderate hills--some quite long. I ride primarily for exercise, and so I rarely use more than 25% pedal assistance. Even with these hills, I am very comfortable with 25 mile trips. About once a week I use the Magicycle strictly for transportation to run a routine errand. For that trip, I use 70% pedal assistance and travel 8 miles each direction at 15-20 mph. That runs the battery down to about 52%...no problem at all.

ooohhhhhhh....let's see the other 2 ya have as well.

Hard to make a decision with just 1 :)
Apologies, I had to be away for a couple of days. Here's my trio -- 2 full-size cruisers and a 20" fat tire step-thru for shorter riders (or anyone with limited range of motion).

Attachments

• Magic Trio.jpg
    Magic Trio.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 103
Apologies, I had to be away for a couple of days. Here's my trio -- 2 full-size cruisers and a 20" fat tire step-thru for shorter riders (or anyone with limited range of motion).
Nice rides! :cool:

I am seeing a lot of good pricing from Lectric ebikes these days....they send an email almost daily.
Me too. I have heard both good and bad things about Lectric but they do seem marginally better than other cheap Chinese Ebikes. I am checking out BikTrix atm. For $2-$300 I could've gotten a much better ebike than the Rattan I ended up buying and could've dealt with a Canadian company with actual customer support. Customer support seems to be the biggest complaint amongst those of us who have purchased $1k Chinese Ebikes. That is a huge issue when apparently you have roughly, by my estimates, a 25-50% chance of getting an ebike with issues, shipping damage, or both. I now check Trustpilot before dealing with any company in addition to this and other forums and completely ignore all YouTube etc. reviews

Me too. I have heard both good and bad things about Lectric but they do seem marginally better than other cheap Chinese Ebikes. I am checking out BikTrix atm. For $2-$300 I could've gotten a much better ebike than the Rattan I ended up buying and could've dealt with a Canadian company with actual customer support. Customer support seems to be the biggest complaint amongst those of us who have purchased $1k Chinese Ebikes. That is a huge issue when apparently you have roughly, by my estimates, a 25-50% chance of getting an ebike with issues, shipping damage, or both. I now check Trustpilot before dealing with any company in addition to this and other forums and completely ignore all YouTube etc. reviews
I have the XP 2.0.......it has been a great bike thus far.....no significant problems.......came fully assembled......rides great.....folds nicely for travel......price was great......good customer support.......very positive experience.

I have the XP 2.0.......it has been a great bike thus far.....no significant problems.......came fully assembled......rides great.....folds nicely for travel......price was great......good customer support.......very positive experience.
That's great to hear! I actually FINALLY got a tracking number from Rattan for a new battery and display for an ebike that was delivered to me broken in August. Hopefully I'll be able to stop bitching and just ride, I'm sure ppl are getting as sick of reading about it as I am having to deal with it

Back