Gravel Ebike

Redclifd

Local time
4:23 PM
Shopping for a gravel Ebike so that my girlfriend can keep up on longer rides.
So far the only thing that has stuck out is the Giant Toughroad E+ GX but it is pretty pricey at $3800 MSRP.
There are cheaper hardtail electric mountain bikes but she would prefer drop bars.
Is the point of a gravel bike vs mountain bike geometry & drop bars or weight?
All Ebikes are pretty heavy, a few more lbs for front suspension wouldn't be that noticeable.

I know I will sound like a broken record, but roll your own. It isn't hard, and much more satisfying. You will get more bike for your buck too.

I suppose it would depend on the type of gravel racing you do. If you are looking for ebike then check this Ride1Up ROADSTER V2.
This electric gravel bike is a great option for long relaxing rides and better control of the road.

I have a Rambletta. You can ride on flat hard paths in the forest but not recommended for off road or very bumpy ground (eg mountain bike type terrain). Main thing is while foldable to some extent, it (like most e bikes ) will be very heavy and quite cumbersome - it doesn't hold closed when folded (a bungee cord might help) so lifting it in and out of your car wont be something you will want to do too often , though you will as said, have to compromise due to your needs and budget.
For me the folding option here is just a nice extra, (I don't drive car) but as a city bike , it's a good ride , in my opinion. You can ride it without power if you really have to, but due to the weight , it's a slower ride (specially with a full panier) . Just use the lowest setting to conserve battery power but makes a difference to the speed. I got a chance last year to visit Whoosh to take a look first before ordering, but that wont be possible now as their shop is closed to visitors. For aftersales , I would choose Whoosh over an anonymous ebay seller any day.

Shopping for a gravel Ebike so that my girlfriend can keep up on longer rides.
So far the only thing that has stuck out is the Giant Toughroad E+ GX but it is pretty pricey at $3800 MSRP.
There are cheaper hardtail electric mountain bikes but she would prefer drop bars.
Is the point of a gravel bike vs mountain bike geometry & drop bars or weight?
All Ebikes are pretty heavy, a few more lbs for front suspension wouldn't be that noticeable.
Cannondale Topstone ebike with the upgraded Lauf Fork and battery extender

Attachments

• PXL_20230326_155738109~2.jpg
    PXL_20230326_155738109~2.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 89
Back