Gigabyke Groove intermediate complete power loss

JonnyQwest

Local time
1:51 PM
The bike will lose complete power and shut down intermittently after about a mile of riding. After an hour or so it acts like it resets and it will be fine until the next complete shutdown. The lithium ion battery is fairly new and tested okay.
Any ideas???
Thanks in advance.

It sounds like an issue with a loose cable. Hopefully you're still under warranty.

GigaByke product purchases come with a 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty. The warranty covers the cost of any replacement parts and the shipping costs of those parts. Your warranty is valid for any faulty parts within 1 Year of your date of purchase for the original owner of the product. To submit a warranty claim, please email us at support@gigabyke.com

Thank you for your response.
I have had this bike for over 3 years. I’ve also narrowed the problem down to the lithium battery I installed a few months ago. When I re-installed the SLA batteries the problem disappeared. I’m just guessing but I think the BLM in the Lithium ion batteries was shutting down the battery for some unknown reason.
Thanks again for your help.
Best regards,
Michael Brown

There is a hidden unlock feature for a second speed in the 1st Gigabyke plug with three wires under the front cover right under the handlebars Does anybody know the proper procedure?

Back