Getting into the groove!

CloneWerks

Local time
9:16 AM
Well the first riding week is going well so far in spite of the heat. I found a fantastic 8mi road loop right near my house that has about 85% wide shoulders or designated bike lane. The one stretch that is unmarked is a short "cross road" that has good sightlines and no traffic except for the half-dozen people that live there. If I ride it "clockwise" I get a fun long downhill glide near the start and a shorti-ish 3min solid uphill workout for my last leg. If I ride "counter-clockwise" I get a short downhill at the start and a long (9 min or so), very moderate, cardio run for the end.

My conditioning is poor enough right now that I request a fair amount of help from the motor on the uphills, but after just a few rides I can already feel my endurance rising and it's doing wonders for my confidence.

I also got my "Co-Pilot" in the mail in time for today's ride!

co pilot.jpg

Congrats on the bike and finding new roads. Like you....finding new roads on your bike is part of the joy....I find myseld riding down every street in the neighborhood....ones I haven't been down in years...amazing what you see. I also ride for exercise.....have a new knee and hip on my right side......I like to pedal....ride in PA 1 or 2 most of the time.....great exercise....legs are feeling much stronger.....I ride 4.5 to 7 miles almost every evening....love it. Safe biking...enjoy.

Well the first riding week is going well so far in spite of the heat. I found a fantastic 8mi road loop right near my house that has about 85% wide shoulders or designated bike lane. The one stretch that is unmarked is a short "cross road" that has good sightlines and no traffic except for the half-dozen people that live there. If I ride it "clockwise" I get a fun long downhill glide near the start and a shorti-ish 3min solid uphill workout for my last leg. If I ride "counter-clockwise" I get a short downhill at the start and a long (9 min or so), very moderate, cardio run for the end.

My conditioning is poor enough right now that I request a fair amount of help from the motor on the uphills, but after just a few rides I can already feel my endurance rising and it's doing wonders for my confidence.

I also got my "Co-Pilot" in the mail in time for today's ride!

View attachment 4734

I couldn’t not have one, CloneWerks :ROFLMAO:

B3E70E8C-ED4C-4A97-A465-B8E24FC03286.jpeg

Back