Gen 3 Ebikes

ddb

Local time
8:17 AM
I haven't come across a single post regarding Gen 3 ebikes. Does anybody out other than myself have one? If so, what's been you experience? Their customer support was pretty awesome when we first purchased their Groove (just about identical to the Heybike Mars) last January, now it seems nonexistent. They have also removed their accessories page from the website.

I bought an Outcross from them about 3 weeks ago. Their CS absolutely sucks. That is all I have to say about them. The bike is awesome but their CS is, as you say, non-existent!

I take it back. Gen 3 support eventually responded to my request. I have a battery that will not charge so they are now sending a new one free of charge per their one-year warranty agreement so I can't complain.

Just helped my son-in-law buy one today. It's a used one, of course. And for the price, I thought we got a really nice bike. I don't like it, as well as my rad city four of course, but it's great.

Now I see that the company is out of business. Didn't realize that.

After giving it some test drives. One thing I see is that the front sprocket is too small. You have to pedal too fast at 20 mile an hour.

Has anyone tried putting a larger sprocket on the front? Where would you get it?

Is it true that the squealing brakes cannot be fixed? I think we're going to take them apart and give that a shot.

Thanks everybody.

Just helped my son-in-law buy one today. It's a used one, of course. And for the price, I thought we got a really nice bike. I don't like it, as well as my rad city four of course, but it's great.

Now I see that the company is out of business. Didn't realize that.

After giving it some test drives. One thing I see is that the front sprocket is too small. You have to pedal too fast at 20 mile an hour.

Has anyone tried putting a larger sprocket on the front? Where would you get it?

Is it true that the squealing brakes cannot be fixed? I think we're going to take them apart and give that a shot.

Thanks everybody.
I got this:
Big improvement, fairly easy job.
Front sprocket is attached, so I wouldn't recommend trying to replace it. Rear freewheel was pretty easy. As always, see YT videos.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got this:
Big improvement, fairly easy job.
Front sprocket is attached, so I wouldn't recommend trying to replace it. Rear freewheel was pretty easy. As always, see YT videos.
Hey, thanks a bunch! What would you say the change was? I would like to gear his bike up about 20%. Are you reducing you front pedal revolutions quite a bit? That's what we're trying to accomplish...

If so, it's well worth the cost.

Carlos

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Stock freewheel gears are 14-16-18-20-22-24-28 teeth. Replacement is 11-13-15-18-21-24-28. So what is now 7th falls between 5th and 6th. First and second are identical, so hill climbing is unchanged, but it's now much easier to go faster without the motor or keep up with pedal assist.
You will need a freewheel remover, and it does take some strength, but this inexperienced senior was able to do it in less than half an hour.
On sale now too, I see. I got it at the highest price, of course.
Highly recommended.
Michael

While you're at it, I also recommend this:
Enjoy the GEN3.
Michael

While I'm at it, you might be interested in a manual for the tail light.
It actually has a low battery indicator!
Michael

Attachments

• PLATEO-XB-instruction-manual.pdf
    3.9 MB · Views: 95
90FB12D1-708F-46C9-B4EB-F29275969DCE.jpeg
B5805CF8-887E-4F8F-98D8-146CC4F6BF0C.jpeg
I have a Gen3 Stride. And a Wallke F1. They both come from the same China mfg and have identical components. Once I unplugged the speed limiter I ended up putting different cranks with 130bcd sprockets. I’m running 47T front sprocket on the Gen3, 38T/47T on the Wallke. That splits the gear ratios nicely. Sourced from Aliexpress. On the Wallke F1 I had to grind a bit off the inside of the left crank arm so it wouldn’t rub on the cadence sensor. Also on the Gen3 had to mount the chainring to the inside of the spider to keep chain alignment to the center of the freewheel. I’ve done quite a few other mods also: flashing tail light that comes on with the bike, 2 & 3 battery installations, 203mm & 180mm brake rotors, suspension seat posts, & Schwalbe Pick-Up tires to replace the crappy CST tires. Getting ready to do a 250 mile ride with the Wallke F1 soon. It has 32AH in battery capacity. So it will do over 100 miles on a single charge.

47T Crankset:
38T chainring: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mL6Cz4M
2mm chain ring spacers: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtrWK00
Long chain ring bolts(B size): https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrBKn4U
Double battery converter 30A XT90: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPXXmrq

That's above my pay grade. It seems Wallke doesn't make the F1 (step-through) anymore either, so we have orphans. Unfortunate, since they're great bikes.

That's above my pay grade. It seems Wallke doesn't make the F1 (step-through) anymore either, so we have orphans. Unfortunate, since they're great bikes.
Yeah, I noticed that too. IMO the step through version has too much frame flex. I had 2 of the strides. Sold one. Wife kept other. That’s why I went with the F1. Much stiffer, I can load it and it doesn’t flex.
Too bad Gen3 went out of business. I had pretty good luck with their customer service. Had a bad cadence sensor: got a call back in 24 hrs and received it in 5 days.
I’m actually in the process of upgrading these bikes to Bafang BBSHD and Enviolo rear hubs.

Back