Full Charged Shimano Steps E8010 battery shows 89 km on range display

Krmkra03

Local time
3:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I have shimano steps e8010 battery and e7000 engine on my mountain e-bike. I bought it in july this year. So, i have ridden 1000 km until now. Not long.
When i charged the battery fully, range shows 89 km on display. It was showing 100 km before.
My friends who ridden over 3800 km shows 100 km range on display with full charged battery.
So, i am wondering if my battery is damaged.

Hi everyone,
I have shimano steps e8010 battery and e7000 engine on my mountain e-bike. I bought it in july this year. So, i have ridden 1000 km until now. Not long.
When i charged the battery fully, range shows 89 km on display. It was showing 100 km before.
My friends who ridden over 3800 km shows 100 km range on display with full charged battery.
So, i am wondering if my battery is damaged.
First of all you should know that these batteries perform best when operated between 20-80% of their full charge. They also don't like to be left at full charge with riding them for days at a time. They all have a storage voltage that they should be left at during periods of non use, typically 60-70%.

This all depends on the actual cells used in your battery pack as they are made up of several individual cells most likely 18650 cells from various manufacturers some better than others.

What is the rating of you battery, how many volts and how many amp hours rating it should be on a tag on the battery. Look up the battery MFG. contact them with the serial number they should be able to give you the full specs on the pack. You could also state you concerns about the state of the pack at the same time.

Shimano customer support might be a good source for help as well as it is part of their motor system.

Back