Fucare Gemini X

canis2022

Local time
6:12 PM
The first thing you notice about the Fucare Gemini X is of course the unique frame; it’s got tubes for days. And the 400 lb weight capacity (181 kg) speaks to the strength of the frame. Hopefully other parts like the brakes are up to that level of weight, but the hydraulic stoppers feel darn sturdy, too.

The frame may be odd-looking, but it definitely makes for a rigid structure. Building a transporter bridge out of balsa wood in 8th grade science class taught me two things: Trusses are damn strong for their weight, and hot glues burns. Both of those lessons have served me well to this day.

Fucare Gemini X tech specs​

• Motor: 750W rear geared hub motor
  • Top speed: 28 mph (45 km/h)
  • Range: 80 miles (130 km) on pedal assist
  • Batteries: 48V 10.4Ah x 2 (998 Wh total)
  • Weight: 80.5 lb (36.5 kg)
  • Max capacity: 400 lb (181 kg)
  • Wheels: 20-inch x 4.0-inch urban tires
  • Brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes
  • Extras: Large color LCD display, headlight and taillight, included rack and fenders, 6-speed gearing, front suspension, USB charging port in display

The frame’s welds aren’t the prettiest I’ve ever seen, but they seem just fine. Some companies go way above and beyond on smoothing out their welds, but Fucare isn’t one of those.

Even so, the impressive weight capacity and cool frame design help me look past the slightly ugly welds

Attachments

• fucare-gemini-x-review-5.jpg
    fucare-gemini-x-review-5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 218
Back