Frozen Hub Barfang

jacertheracer

Local time
6:53 PM
Hello,

I need some help with a Popstar 750W ebike. The rear hub is a Barfang and it seems to be locked up or frozen.

how can I tell?

The battery is supplying power as the LED's and Displays are working. the light system is malfunctioning and it doesn't seem to turn on anymore.

I roll the bike backwards and it seems like its being forced and its not moving freely or smoothly when rolling backwards.

The handle grips to the brake lever have also been replaced and they are working correctly. Not sure if there is a FUSE somewhere.

Here is a link to the videos of the problems.

Any help is appreciated! Even if it's rude but helpful:) Doh!

Thanks

Do you want random guesses or do you intend to supply some useful diagnostic information?

Video is useless, is there a reason you supplied four seperate, nearly identical vids with virtually nothing useful contained?

Get the damn model number of the motor.

Disconnect lights and ebrakes.

FILM WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TURN IT ON AND ACTIVATE THROTTLE, or you could describe it clearly, plainly, and directly. Video would likely be more informative.

Age, history, how much did you pay at the yard sale yesterday afternoon?

How does it roll backwards when the battery, and second test the controller, are disconnected?

Loose magnets or planetary gear issue would be a problem rolling in BOTH directions. Single direction is a different indicator.

Do you want random guesses or do you intend to supply some useful diagnostic information?

Video is useless, is there a reason you supplied four seperate, nearly identical vids with virtually nothing useful contained?

Get the damn model number of the motor.

Disconnect lights and ebrakes.

FILM WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TURN IT ON AND ACTIVATE THROTTLE, or you could describe it clearly, plainly, and directly. Video would likely be more informative.

Age, history, how much did you pay at the yard sale yesterday afternoon?

How does it roll backwards when the battery, and second test the controller, are disconnected?

Loose magnets or planetary gear issue would be a problem rolling in BOTH directions. Single direction is a different indicator.
Be Nice Nelson.
I think the planetary gears are worn. Good answer Nelson.

I'm giving this a bump because a friend of mine just acquired 2 of these "Popstar" fat tire e-bikes. Both show signs of moderate use. Fortunately both hub motors appear to be OK. Both bikes run OK with one of the battery packs.

Not yet sure what is wrong with the other battery pack. It reads 48V when checked with a voltmeter but won't power either of the bikes. There's no signs of anything overheated or physically broken.

Open it up and look at the controller. Everytime mine overheat and the wires melt together on the Throttle controller.

Re-wire and insulate as best you can.

I'm giving this a bump because a friend of mine just acquired 2 of these "Popstar" fat tire e-bikes. Both show signs of moderate use. Fortunately both hub motors appear to be OK. Both bikes run OK with one of the battery packs.

Not yet sure what is wrong with the other battery pack. It reads 48V when checked with a voltmeter but won't power either of the bikes. There's no signs of anything overheated or physically broken.
After some component swapping we determined the display mounted on the handlebars has a broken wire. Display is tightly glued together so it will need to be replaced.

Back