Freewheel sprocket

40buickcoupe

Local time
7:42 AM
My rear sprocket has a small gear 12 teeth it has 8 gears and I really start to ghost pedal in 4th and 5th assist. I only see freewheels with 11 teeth low gear would going from 12 to 11 teeth make much difference or do they carry a 10 tooth?

11 is about as small as they go, and those are not of the greatest quality. Only one maker for 7-speed with an 11, or there was not long ago.

Going much smaller can cause issues with the chain.

You might try SickBikeParts.

I have a 8 speed has anyone put a larger front gear on to help with ghost peddling? I here owners of the Lectric bike put the 11 tooth rear on and says it does wounders but I dont know what the stock gear is on that bike. Mine has a 12 tooth rear

I had another electric bike with a similar issue. I found it easier to change the frorward geat to a larger one. It helped a lot. Only problem was that the teeth and chain connection were exposed so you have to be mindful of pant cuffs. Also, getting the thing to fit the existing bolt connections was not easy. On my lectric step thru, I'm going to try for the 11 tooth rear. I don't expect one less tooth to make much of a difference but anything will help.

Back