Free Shipping

Mark I

Local time
9:40 AM
I got a ebike from a small co. I had problems to put it mildly. I got my money back even shipping.
I don’t know how this would have worked if I paid shipping for the bike. I think the free shipping
Is a good way to go. Even though it is added on to the bike. My question is free shipping worth it?

Sure. But keep in mind that no matter what bike you buy, you'll be paying for shipping one way or another.

Free shipping = cost of shipping has been added to the cost of the bike.

Buy from a store = the store still has to pay to have the bike shipped to them so they will add that to the cost of the bike + their operating expenses to maintain a storefront.

Nothing is really free in the retail world.....nothing. Free is just a word.....I guess it's free to say the word but........ .
It's all psychological. "Free" shipping makes for very powerful marketing.

Even if you know that $900 bike + $200 shipping = $1100 bike + Free shipping, there is still a strong pull to go for the one marketed as having free shipping even though the two options are identical.

It's all psychological. "Free" shipping makes for very powerful marketing.

Even if you know that $900 bike + $200 shipping = $1100 bike + Free shipping, there is still a strong pull to go for the one marketed as having free shipping even though the two options are identical.
I once got a free toaster.....all I had to do is buy a timeshare in Hawaii for $1500 a month......Aloha! :eek:

I got a ebike from a small co. I had problems to put it mildly. I got my money back even shipping.
I don’t know how this would have worked if I paid shipping for the bike. I think the free shipping
Is a good way to go. Even though it is added on to the bike. My question is free shipping worth it?
The most important thing ime is the companies customer support and the warranty. I got a Rattan in August and it ran all of 3, miles. I tried to exchange 3 days after delivery and all I got was crickets until the 14 day exchange period was over. Now I get daily useless info via email, text, messenger, and phone calls. It's still just taking up room

I always buy ebikes with free shipping.

If anything go wrong with the product received, shipping cost will not be reimbursed, even with credit card company, you will have to pay for return shipping cost yourself. But with free shipping purchases, at least you get a chance to keep the defective product without returning and get full refund from your credit card company.

I always buy ebikes with free shipping.

If anything go wrong with the product received, shipping cost will not be reimbursed, even with credit card company, you will have to pay for return shipping cost yourself. But with free shipping purchases, at least you get a chance to keep the defective product without returning and get full refund from your credit card company.
:confused: How does that work? You get a refund for the bike but still get to keep it? o_O

Credit card with purchase protection.
If you receive a defective product, file a claim with credit card company and the claim is legit, you get your money back and don't have to ship the product back to seller.
That's why I always ask the seller to include free shipping on the order invoice, that way the shipping cost is part of the refund if I get a defective product.

Back