Fork Upgrade - Rambo Savage 26

swamppanther

Local time
7:50 AM
I just upgraded the fork on my Rambo Savage 26 to a coil suspension fork. Watched the video and was able to complete change.
The hardest thing was getting old fork off.
It was not as easy as vid shows. Block of wood and hammer required. I also noted the components were a little different on my bike (bought in fall 2021, has the 3 speed drum transmission). I also noted the new fork is longer. After getting everything together (no leftovers) the shank thru frame sticks up about 1 1/2 higher than old fork. The front rack (not cheap) will no longer fit as points where bolted no longer there. Anyone have any idea of a "fix" or adapter
kit?

I just upgraded the fork on my Rambo Savage 26 to a coil suspension fork. Watched the video and was able to complete change.
The hardest thing was getting old fork off.
It was not as easy as vid shows. Block of wood and hammer required. I also noted the components were a little different on my bike (bought in fall 2021, has the 3 speed drum transmission). I also noted the new fork is longer. After getting everything together (no leftovers) the shank thru frame sticks up about 1 1/2 higher than old fork. The front rack (not cheap) will no longer fit as points where bolted no longer there. Anyone have any idea of a "fix" or adapter
kit?
Just be aware that the taller front end changes the geometry and handling of the bike. Suspension forks can also lessen steering precision. It might be a good idea to make sure that you like and are happy with the fork before going further with modifications or adaptors. Approach your first ride with caution.

Back