Tires & Tubes Flat tire question

Trophyduck

Local time
4:59 PM
I ride where there are a lot of briars. Avoiding them is nearly impossible and one found my tire today (26x4). Is putting in a sealer a good idea? I have "Tireject" which is supposed to be better than slime. I've used is successfully on other tires around the farm, just wondering if it's ok for the bike? I agine there could be plenty of future flats otherwise

I'm running Tannus liners and FlatOut together. I believe right now it is the most effective flat prevention there is.... Watch this video.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0y-2AsGRk&list=PL2PuAh4tblWEqFNxXKfkGOXJcAGQVkcT4&index=98&t=144s

I ride where there are a lot of briars. Avoiding them is nearly impossible and one found my tire today (26x4). Is putting in a sealer a good idea? I have "Tireject" which is supposed to be better than slime. I've used is successfully on other tires around the farm, just wondering if it's ok for the bike? I agine there could be plenty of future flats otherwise
I use those Kevlar strips that go between the tire and the tube. Never had a flat since I started using these.

I had four flat tires within 100 miles until I switched to using green slime and the Kevlar strips to go between the inner tube and tire. I changed one of the tires about 75 miles ago and actually found a piece of glass inside inner tube that was still holding pressure. The glass went through the tire to the Kevlar strip, and through the inner tube. I guess the green slim did it’s job. I have not had flats since I did the set up.

Back