First Ride with a Go Pro

Vinz

Local time
8:34 AM
Inspired by what BBassett does by documenting his rides, I got me a Go Pro Hero 10, a chest mount, and went for a ride.
Basically it's a boring ride thru the neighborhood, so I put in some time lapse for fun. Gotta tap into some creativity so I can do more.
Shot in 4K, increase the YouTube resolution if your connection supports it.

Nice ride. I just can't afford to waste the time in front of a PC. 1 shot, 1 take. I watched a guy do a chest plant while wearing a chesty mount... it was ugly. Ride safe.

Nice ride. I just can't afford to waste the time in front of a PC. 1 shot, 1 take. I watched a guy do a chest plant while wearing a chesty mount... it was ugly. Ride safe.
Thanks. Absolute truth that video editing consumes a ton of time. But I did some editing in a previous life, so I wanted to try it again. So much has changed in that world - sheesh!

Thanks. Absolute truth that video editing consumes a ton of time. But I did some editing in a previous life, so I wanted to try it again. So much has changed in that world - sheesh!
Your first video looks pretty good but I would suggest ditch the 4K and just shoot in 1080 P. YouTube compresses your uploads so much it'll save you a ton of time and still look good.

Let YT do what it wants, you can and will use the videos for more than posting on YT. If and when you can shoot in 8K do that too.

I use the old rule-of-thumb - shoot in as high a resolution as you can (limited of course by the camera and/or the computer you edit on). I can always export the video as 1080p for YT. In fact I think I'll try that next time. Today I shot at 5.3K/30fps, not for YT, still experimenting. Thanks guys.

I like how the chest mount shows just enuf of the bike handlebars and just enuf of the road ahead. I currently have a handlebar mount but I think I'll get me a chest mount. I'm very new at this stuff so I have to figure out how to edit and add music. Just bought a Go Pro Hero 8. Thanks for your video.

Back