First Ebike - Aventon Sinch Step Through

Nosworc

Local time
4:52 AM
Good evening all. I’m happy to join the forum and the community. I received my first Ebike today. It’s the Aventon Sinch Step Through. It’s a nice bike but I’m incredibly disappointed with a few things.

They advertised it as having throttle on demand. Mine doesn’t.

They advertised it as having a full throttle or throttle only feature but again mine doesn’t. I have to start pedaling before it kicks in and it immediately shuts off when I stop pedaling.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Am I missing something or have I indeed been misled by Aventon?

Thanks all

Gary

Is there a twist throttle on the handle bar. Some bikes have a thumb throttle.

Attachments

• vvvv.png
    vvvv.png
    363.1 KB · Views: 168
It’s a thumb throttle. It does indeed have a throttle, it just doesn’t work the way they advertise it to

It’s a thumb throttle. It does indeed have a throttle, it just doesn’t work the way they advertise it to

Cons

2) The e-bike's throttle doesn't work from a complete stop​

You have to get the bike moving before the throttle will be able to engage the motor. Aventon must have included this feature on the Sinch to prevent riders from accidentally actuating the motor.

OK so they were somewhat misleading However you do have full throttle only control once you've got moving with pedaling. It's a bummer I guess but it's a safety design to prevent accidently pushing the thumb throttle. You may get used to it. Or not. It's a bummer not having full throttle to get going quickly across an intersection quickly. Maybe talk to your bike shop if there's a fix. ?

OK so they were somewhat misleading However you do have full throttle only control once you've got moving with pedaling. It's a bummer I guess but it's a safety design to prevent accidently pushing the thumb throttle. You may get used to it. Or not. It's a bummer not having full throttle to get going quickly across an intersection quickly. Maybe talk to your bike shop if there's a fix. ?
Hey Kiwi. Thanks for the response. Yes the older Sinch originally did not have throttle on demand but was eventually upgraded. Now all Aventon bikes include the Sinch Step Through are advertised as having throttle on demand. So it’s not simply a misunderstanding. My bike is suppose to have it and it does not.
I did end up speaking with someone from Aventon though and they have atleast acknowledged it. Now we are waiting on a resolution

They should make it an optional setting via display with a warning light perhaps. Hope you can sort it out but sounds like a refund on your purchase. Hope it works out for you. Let us know. In my country we have consumer protection on goods not meeting their claims.

That sounds like a real pain, I most usually use my throttle from the start to get the bike moving then start pedaling.

Have you contacted the manufacturer customer support to see if there's a setting that can be changed to allow you to use the throttle from zero speed?

Good evening all. I’m happy to join the forum and the community. I received my first Ebike today. It’s the Aventon Sinch Step Through. It’s a nice bike but I’m incredibly disappointed with a few things.

They advertised it as having throttle on demand. Mine doesn’t.

They advertised it as having a full throttle or throttle only feature but again mine doesn’t. I have to start pedaling before it kicks in and it immediately shuts off when I stop pedaling.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Am I missing something or have I indeed been misled by Aventon?

Thanks all

Gary
Send it back, Gary.

Back