Finally Broke Down and Ordered a Himiway E-Bike

Hoggdoc

Staff member
Local time
9:34 AM
I have been researching and looking atE bikes for over five years. Due to my advanced age and the fact that I live in a hilly neighborhood I finally broke down and ordered what I think is the perfect Ebike for me.

So what did you order/get?

Welcome to the Forums by the way :)

So what did you order/get?

Welcome to the Forums by the way :)
I ordered a Himiway Cruiser. Placed order on 3-3-2021 they accepted full payment and sent email saying they have printed a FedEx label but FedEx has no record of being asked to pick up the bike for shipment. I have asked the Himiway what the delay is in shipping they are trying to tell me FedEx is very busy, but I'm beginning to think they don;t have product and are BSing me. Keep in mind at no point have they said they are waiting for product to ship.

Wonder what others experience has been with shipping?

Surprise surprise my Himiway was dropped by FedEx this afternoon. Everything looks better than I expected, hope it runs as good s it looks.
Awesome! I built my Himiway Cuiser Wed evening and finally got a chance to ride it this evening. I used the code 0510 (link below) to remove the 25MPH limiter and can tell you going 34MPH was amazingly fun. Enjoy!

Awesome! I built my Himiway Cuiser Wed evening and finally got a chance to ride it this evening. I used the code 0510 (link below) to remove the 25MPH limiter and can tell you going 34MPH was amazingly fun. Enjoy!
Got mine together this afternoon. Am really pleased with the quality of the build. One issue, the tail light and brake light are not working at all I have check some connection I guess.

As for changing setting there is a great video I watched today that goes into lots settings:

I took a short ride it does seem to have plenty of power to help with all the hills in my neighborhood.

Take care enjoy your new ride.

Got mine together this afternoon. Am really pleased with the quality of the build. One issue, the tail light and brake light are not working at all I have check some connection I guess.

As for changing setting there is a great video I watched today that goes into lots settings:

I took a short ride it does seem to have plenty of power to help with all the hills in my neighborhood.

Take care enjoy your new ride.
Thanks for posting that clip. I’d seen that clip a week ago when I was considering the purchase of the Himiway Cruiser. Just made the adjustments moving from 0-5 to 0-9 and setting each level of power then made the same changes recommended in this clip. Excited to test this out later when the sun rises. Yesterday while riding the bike for the first time I was pleased to learn that once you twist the throttle you didn’t have to hold it. The bike maintains speed until you hit the brakes. That being said I also experienced the power of the bike when I pulled off the road to stop and was in Level 5 (the highest setting at the time). Once I got back on the bike and hit the throttle I was jamming! Not to self, dial it back to at least a 2 so you don’t go from zero to 25MPH!

Really impressed with the bike thus far and looking forward to a big ride Sunday with a couple buddies. Cheers!

Thanks for posting that clip. I’d seen that clip a week ago when I was considering the purchase of the Himiway Cruiser. Just made the adjustments moving from 0-5 to 0-9 and setting each level of power then made the same changes recommended in this clip. Excited to test this out later when the sun rises. Yesterday while riding the bike for the first time I was pleased to learn that once you twist the throttle you didn’t have to hold it. The bike maintains speed until you hit the brakes. That being said I also experienced the power of the bike when I pulled off the road to stop and was in Level 5 (the highest setting at the time). Once I got back on the bike and hit the throttle I was jamming! Not to self, dial it back to at least a 2 so you don’t go from zero to 25MPH!

Really impressed with the bike thus far and looking forward to a big ride Sunday with a couple buddies. Cheers!
I have to adjust the ASSIST values today because the factory 50% for level one is really too much. I found a link to a manual for the controller functions that somewhat explain all the settings. But there is a need for further details as to what effect the changes make. Here is link to manual you can download as PDF: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/127...

So explain the throttle maintaining speed setting. I didn't notice that yesterday on my short ride. Do you have to hold a speed for a period of time for it to set cruise control? BTW one of these setting in the manual allows you to set the way the pedal assist kicks in, you can control the speed at which is kicks in so it's not so abrupt.

Are you having any issues with the tail.stop light working?

Have a good ride Sunday I have battery on charge right now will being going out for ride little later when it warms up a bit. Keep in touch.

I have to adjust the ASSIST values today because the factory 50% for level one is really too much. I found a link to a manual for the controller functions that somewhat explain all the settings. But there is a need for further details as to what effect the changes make. Here is link to manual you can download as PDF: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/127...

So explain the throttle maintaining speed setting. I didn't notice that yesterday on my short ride. Do you have to hold a speed for a period of time for it to set cruise control? BTW one of these setting in the manual allows you to set the way the pedal assist kicks in, you can control the speed at which is kicks in so it's not so abrupt.

Are you having any issues with the tail.stop light working?

Have a good ride Sunday I have battery on charge right now will being going out for ride little later when it warms up a bit. Keep in touch.
So I have fooling around with this quite a bit and the long ride on Sunday will be very enlightening for sure. As for the cruise control aspect it seems that when I was riding Friday evening in level 5 I could pedal then twist the throttle and let go...the bike would maintain the speed. Now that I’ve made the acceleration changes to 0-9 we shall see how I like it.

Rear tail light works just fine but if it didn’t I would likely go with an aftermarket tail light and unplug the cable from the controller. As it was there is too much cable so I used the black zip ties to take up the slack to the inner rails of the rear bike rack. Charging my Himiway Cruiser for a 30 mile ride tomorrow.

So I have fooling around with this quite a bit and the long ride on Sunday will be very enlightening for sure. As for the cruise control aspect it seems that when I was riding Friday evening in level 5 I could pedal then twist the throttle and let go...the bike would maintain the speed. Now that I’ve made the acceleration changes to 0-9 we shall see how I like it.

Rear tail light works just fine but if it didn’t I would likely go with an aftermarket tail light and unplug the cable from the controller. As it was there is too much cable so I used the black zip ties to take up the slack to the inner rails of the rear bike rack. Charging my Himiway Cruiser for a 30 mile ride tomorrow.
I think I'll take the light off and try to power from a known good power source and test the connection wire to make sure there is no break in the cable. If all that tests good then I will think it has to be something in the controller. BTW I did the same thing with the excess cable they even supplied several small zip ties.

I have ridden the bike two very short rides hope I can find a way to be able to use just throttle to take off as the pedal asst kicks in too suddenly even when set at 1 out 9 (2-%). I have watched a number of videos where it seems the rider doesn't pedal any and can start the throttle. Mine the throttle doesn't work until PA has been activated.

Well enjoy your ride tomorrow. Wonder if this forum has private messaging?

I think I'll take the light off and try to power from a known good power source and test the connection wire to make sure there is no break in the cable. If all that tests good then I will think it has to be something in the controller. BTW I did the same thing with the excess cable they even supplied several small zip ties.

I have ridden the bike two very short rides hope I can find a way to be able to use just throttle to take off as the pedal asst kicks in too suddenly even when set at 1 out 9 (2-%). I have watched a number of videos where it seems the rider doesn't pedal any and can start the throttle. Mine the throttle doesn't work until PA has been activated.

Well enjoy your ride tomorrow. Wonder if this forum has private messaging?
Click on avatar. a button will pop up.

Back