Fiido T1 Review

I got my replacement T-1 250w motor top speed is 15 mph in 1 2 or 3. If I want to go faster I need to find a steep hill to down. Coasting down a hill I reached 27 mph.
First post because I want to share en wonder how it is with other owners/T1;
Replacement T1, Europe, no marking on motor. I assumed it is 250w because when I'd unlock speed top is still 25kmh (only difference is speedometer icon visible in display). That is with pedalling only or with throttle (from start).
I noticed when I start the bike peddalling, then stop peddaling, motor stops, let bike roll, put down the throttle, motor picks up and goes to 40kmh!
When I start peddaling again (throttle on) bike slows down to 25kmh.
What's up with that? Controller/software issue? Only my T1?

Overall very happy with Fiido and replacement bike.
Cheers

Throttle only operation usually yield lower top speed than PAS mode.
There are tricks that you can perform to bypass the controller limits for higher top speed operation with throttle operation.
Since you're still new with the bike, I would just learn how the bike operates for now.
Give it a few rides, get used to the bike.

Did you read my post?
Ofcourse I am used to the bike, had the old T1 for ≥ half year
Old T1 was pedal and/or throttle to 40kmh.
Question is if other T1 replacement owners have the same issue? Do you reach 40kmh (and how), or limited to 25 (speed unlocked).
My replacement seems 750w after all.

I read that you received your replacement T1 and you're asking if the throttle/PAS motor top speed on your replacement T1 is a controller/software issue..
Have you had your replacement T1 for for half year?
How many rides have you done on your replacement T1 that you notice the controller/software issues?

Yes, my replacement T1 reaches 40 km/h with PAS. I pedal far more than I use the throttle.
I don't really use throttle operation much, only to get the bike moving from a complete stop to a comfortable pedaling pace, likely only 10-15 km/h.

The question is why does it reach 40kmh only with the method I described in prior post? Why not also with pedal only or throttle only (like the old T1 did).
And I posted that method so others (with top speed 25kmh, like Heavyload) can try this.

"A", you've had your T1 and T1 Pro for awhile now. I have some questions for you, if you have a few minutes:

1) How would you rate the quality, compared to something like a Lectric or Aventon? (any experience with those brands?)

2) Are the brakes squeaky?

I watched these two reviews with great interest:

Irish guy, nice to listen to:

Overnight camping trip; 50 miles on a battery:

3) As far as I can tell, the differences between the T1 and T1 Pro are the frame and the Pro has hydraulic brakes. Is that about it?

4) I assume from the advertising that the North American version is a proper Class 3?

5) How about the headlight adjustment on your Pro? Does it go high enough or did you need to modify it?

6) Did you waterproof the electronics box, like our Irishman above did?

7) If you were buying now and didn't care as much about the length, would you get one of these again or an Expedition for the same price?

7) Anything else a discerning eBiker would want to know before splashing out the $1700 for one? (seems like they may have to lower the price, now that a dual battery Expedition costs $1700...)

Fiido may not be as refined as Aventon, but I think it's on par with my Lectric XP 2.0 & XP Trike.
I still ride my original (recalled) T1, I gave the (replacement) T1 Pro to my wife.
I ride my T1, 3 or 4 times a week, about 12 miles each time I ride it.
I use it in Brooklyn to transport food items from school to homeless shelter.
Brake noises are dealt with Brillo pads, I don't use the brakes so much that the noise bother me while riding.

Difference between the original T1 & T1 PRO frames are quite significant,
most importantly is the extruded downtube to re-enforce the frame weakspot that caused the recall.
pzxvlr1.jpg

Sizing wise, the T1 Pro has lower seat height, so my wife could ride it.
Hydraulic brakes is a nice performance upgrade,
but neither my wife not I care much for them. I prefer mechanical disc brake for less complicated maintenance.
qcq7uqC.jpg

BVrm2PF.jpg

The original T1 has controller with more abrupt power output, makes the bike feel faster from a stop & top speed quicker to obtain.
I suspect Fiido got into trouble with the original power output among international sales, more recent models (including the T1 PRO) have been de-tuned to compliance to worldwide regulations.

I don't use the headlight unit on the T1, along with the front basket, they are both heavy items.
Plenty of street lighting available in NYC for me to see where I am going, I only need flashing lights to be seen in traffic.

I've been caught in rain on the T1, but not in any heavy rain.
The bike performs just fine I just don't feel the need to risk riding in NYC traffic when public transport can suffice.
I only put some electrical tape over the gaps where the wiring are coming out of the frame for waterproofing.
I feel that I don't ride in the rain enough to go beyond that protection.

For $1599, I think the T1 is still a very good deal.
Do you mean in comparison vs Lectric XPedition with dual battery?
XPedition is a long tail cargo bike, which handles quite differently from the T1.
I think it's very hard to compete with Lectric XPedition in terms of value.
If you have the space to store a long cargo ebike and frequently require long range battery and carry heavy loads, Lectric XPedition is a no-brainer.
I got rid of my long tail cargo ebike with dual battery because it was just too cumbersome to maneuver around in the storage space; and I don't ride long distance that require that much battery capacity on a single sitting; the extra battery just add extra weight that I don't need.
Fiido T1 is not a light ebike, but far more maneuverable than a long tail cargo ebike in my experience.

One more consideration, T1 has cast wheels, no need for spoke tension check, no trueing the wheel after heavy hub-motor usage.
To me personally, that's more time to ride vs spent on maintaining the bike; a BIG plus.

Thanks for the detailed response. One question on this bit:
<snip>
I suspect Fiido got into trouble with the original power output among international sales, more recent models (including the T1 PRO) have been de-tuned to compliance to worldwide regulations.
In the link in my previous post, Fiido advertises that the T1 Pro will go 28 mph. Are you saying your wife's is limited to 25 kph? (15.5 mph) If so, I wonder if you got an early Euro-compliant version as the recall replacment...

Also, I notice neither of yours have front fenders. Did you take them off for some reason?

<snip>
One more consideration, T1 has cast wheels, no need for spoke tension check, no trueing the wheel after heavy hub-motor usage.
To me personally, that's more time to ride vs spent on maintaining the bike; a BIG plus.
I think with cast wheels, the Expedition would be PERFECT. They probably wanted to be able to use the same wheels they had on hand for other models. Ah well, maybe next generation.

Thanks for the detailed response. One question on this bit:

In the link in my previous post, Fiido advertises that the T1 Pro will go 28 mph. Are you saying your wife's is limited to 25 kph? (15.5 mph) If so, I wonder if you got an early Euro-compliant version as the recall replacment...

Also, I notice neither of yours have front fenders. Did you take them off for some reason?

I never "unlock" the top speed for my T1, original or T1 PRO.

Both have no problem reaching 25 mph, I rarely even get to 25 mph among traffic in Brooklyn.

I keep front fenders off because they don't really do much in the rain anyway, the fender extension really needs to be longer to cover the rear section of the front wheel to have effective splash coverage.

Back