Fiido T1 Review

Wheelbase seem to be the same on the replacement frame as the original T1.
The reach (seat to handlebar distance) of the original frame seems to be longer than the replacement.
Kq1kVGS.jpg

3Vp2odT.jpg

bM3Ayyl.jpg

Overall downtube, cross member & seat tube diameters seem to be larger on the replacement frame than original.
Distance between water bottle mounts are spread further, with higher up water bottle mounting points on the downtube.
Which will be good for the triangular brace/L-bracket reinforcement idea that I had previously,
I could fabricate two separate braces/brackets for the two frames:
Gw1aNJS.jpg

Motor power output is much more controlled, maybe weak for those who already used to the burst of power coming from the original.
IME, the new power output is much more controllable from stop, easier to manage when making tight turns at lower speeds.
Which could be good for folks who are just starting out with their ebike experience.
Too much power can get people into trouble without knowing.
Hydraulic brakes on the replacement T1 are very well matched, probably more useful on the original T1.
I was happy with the original T1, and now even happier with an additional, upgraded T1 for free.
Fiido is a good company in my book.

The reach (seat to handlebar distance) of the original frame seems to be longer than the replacement.
Kq1kVGS.jpg

3Vp2odT.jpg

bM3Ayyl.jpg

Overall downtube, cross member & seat tube diameters seem to be larger on the replacement frame than original.
Distance between water bottle mounts are spread further, with higher up water bottle mounting points on the downtube.
Which will be good for the triangular brace/L-bracket reinforcement idea that I had previously,
Gw1aNJS.jpg

Motor power output is much more controlled, maybe weak for those who already used to the burst of power coming from the original.
IME, the new power output is much more controllable from stop, easier to manage when making tight turns at lower speeds.
Which could be good for folks who are just starting out with their ebike experience.
Hydraulic brakes on the replacement T1 are very well matched, probably more useful on the original T1.
I was happy with the original T1, and now even happier with an additional, upgraded T1 for free.
These bikes sure got here quick so already in production?
Kq1kVGS.jpg

3Vp2odT.jpg

bM3Ayyl.jpg

Gw1aNJS.jpg

These bikes got here fast so had already be in production and waiting for release. Has the angled on the steer down tube changed? They did like Rad Rover making changes and staying competitive. How are you planning to attach your fabricated reinforcement?

These bikes sure got here quick so already in production?

I suspect it's the amazing fabrication ability of Chinese people, and you have the Chinese government subsidizing companies that are prioritized for exports, stuff gets done quick. Amazing things can be achieved when government & businesses are not corrupt.

These bikes got here fast so had already be in production and waiting for release. Has the angled on the steer down tube changed? They did like Rad Rover making changes and staying competitive. How are you planning to attach your fabricated reinforcement?

AFAICT, steering geometry, wheelbase are that same as original T1.
The seat angle is slightly different, hence the shorter reach on the replacement frame.

I will use the water bottle mounts to attach my bracket, mounting points are already on the frame, why not use them?

Kq1kVGS.jpg

3Vp2odT.jpg

bM3Ayyl.jpg

Gw1aNJS.jpg

Thanks Heavyload!

May I ask how difficult connecting/soldering/crimping a 9pin(?) connector is/was to do? I was thinking this would be the best solution, but it would take quite a bit of time and soldering skills. Can you share pics of what you did?

I agree that the factory should have spent the extra $10 for a Connector Plug.

I am still on the fence about the T1 vs a used RadRunnerPlus. I had a RadRover for 3 years and the quality was very good. Sold the bike and used the funds to buy my kids 2 used ebikes for school. But now I regret not having a utility bike for Costco runs and being able to carry an extra passenger when needed, etc.
On my T-1 the motor has 5 wire cable goes in to the junction box under battery all 5 wires plug in. But on my bike 2 wires have a 6 wire m/f plug (4 pins not used) and wires from motor go in female side of plug that won't fit through the hole. I think the assembler should have used the male side of plug because that fits through the hole. I used a small file to enlarge the hole. When I get my replacement bike I'm going to check that.

On my T-1 the motor has 5 wire cable goes in to the junction box under battery all 5 wires plug in. But on my bike 2 wires have a 6 wire m/f plug (4 pins not used) and wires from motor go in female side of plug that won't fit through the hole. I think the assembler should have used the male side of plug because that fits through the hole. I used a small file to enlarge the hole. When I get my replacement bike I'm going to check that.
I heard a report today that all of the T-1 replacement bikes have 48v 250w hub motors.
I suspect it's the amazing fabrication ability of Chinese people, and you have the Chinese government subsidizing companies that are prioritized for exports, stuff gets done quick. Amazing things can be achieved when government & businesses are not corrupt.

AFAICT, steering geometry, wheelbase are that same as original T1.
The seat angle is slightly different, hence the shorter reach on the replacement frame.

I will use the water bottle mounts to attach my bracket, mounting points are already on the frame, why not use them?
I saw a report today about the T-1 replacement bikes. They all have 48v 250w hub drive motors WTF? Well "A" no wonder they are more controlled and don't seem to be as powerful. This puts a whole new light on this frame recall. I don't know about everybody else but I purchased my T-1 because it had a 48v 750w drive motor and a 20ah battery. What they are sending us is not a T-1 any more. I'm gonna call it a. T-1/2 .... So does this mean know one will be able to buy a new one with the 750w motor? Or is this a one time thing for the replacement owners? I feel like they are trying to above this thing down our throats, take it or leave it. They are the ones in a jam here. They have no dealer network to change out the frames here in the U.S.and look how much that would cost them. If I put my 750w motor on new bike then no warranty? We have to do all this ourselves? That's just not the way a recall works.will the controller be different too? This just stinks what do you other T-1 owners think?

Below was my thoughts after riding the replacement T1 for few miles last weekend:

Even with the 250w motor change on the replacement T1.
I always feel the original T1 has very abrupt power output, take much more practice to make tight turns or u-turns without the torquey 750w motor kick-in mid-turning.
The lower power output is welcomed for me, since I don't operate my T1 at higher speed for extended amount of time.
IMO, the lower power output is better suited for those who use the T1 as their first ebike experience; overall safer operation with lower speed limits.
As a company, the decision to use a lower power output motor for the replacement is likely due to global push to send out replacement units quickly, since EU have laws in place that limit the motor to be 250w.
Assuming that T1 owners want their replacement T1s quickly, it's quicker to send out replacement that adhere to regulations globally.

Fiido could have just sent out replacement frames and a voucher for transplanting components from original T1 to replacement frame.
Whether original T1 owner transplant their OE components from one frame to another is up to themselves.
But that would likely still put Fiido liable for possible lawsuits when the original frame fail while operating.

I still think Fiido has managed the response to T1 frame recall better than most other ebike or bicycle manufacturers.
How quickly Fiido was able to send out replacement T1s to owners is a pretty amazing task.
Just ask yourself how many other ebikes that can be purchased at below $2k can send you replacement ebike when something goes wrong?

Below was my thoughts after riding the replacement T1 for few miles last weekend:

Even with the 250w motor change on the replacement T1.
I always feel the original T1 has very abrupt power output, take much more practice to make tight turns or u-turns without the torquey 750w motor kick-in mid-turning.
The lower power output is welcomed for me, since I don't operate my T1 at higher speed for extended amount of time.
IMO, the lower power output is better suited for those who use the T1 as their first ebike experience; overall safer operation with lower speed limits.
As a company, the decision to use a lower power output motor for the replacement is likely due to global push to send out replacement units quickly, since EU have laws in place that limit the motor to be 250w.
Assuming that T1 owners want their replacement T1s quickly, it's quicker to send out replacement that adhere to regulations globally.

Fiido could have just sent out replacement frames and a voucher for transplanting components from original T1 to replacement frame.
Whether original T1 owner transplant their OE components from one frame to another is up to themselves.
But that would likely still put Fiido liable for possible lawsuits when the original frame fail while operating.

I still think Fiido has managed the response to T1 frame recall better than most other ebike or bicycle manufacturers.
How quickly Fiido was able to send out replacement T1s to owners is a pr amazing task.
Just ask yourself how many other ebikes that can be purchased at below $2k can send you replacement ebike when something goes wrong?

I agree with you there are positive things about a 250w motor in a replacement bike. Are you confirming your replacement bike came with the 250w motor? I did send a email to after sales support voicing my concerns about a switch. Here is there reply to me " "the motor is a 750w motor and an announcement will be made to the group in the near future " that statement leaves alot of room for interpretation. Does this mean anyone who buys a " T-1 " now will have a 250w motor or is this only for the " group " they could have tamed the motor response without the motor switch and wont change the low speed turn charactristics under no throttle. I still say if I get a bike with a 250w motor it's not a T-1

The motor on my replacement T1 has stamped on the hub that it is 250w unit, whether or not a 750w internally it's hard to tell.
It wouldn't be the first time Chinese manufacturer stamp one thing on the unit and equip something different internally.

The motor on my replacement T1 has stamped on the hub that it is 250w unit, whether or not a 750w internally it's hard to tell.
It wouldn't be the first time Chinese manufacturer stamp one thing on the unit and equip something different internally.
You know it's a 250w look all I'm saying is some people ( like me ) wont be happy about Fiido's decision based on the bottom line. Dollars and cents.

Every decision for any company make is about 'the bottom line'.
For Fiido to have sent out replacement T1 models for free within a month of issuing recall, that is already above & beyond what normal manufacturers do.

Over 35 years in the bicycle industry, I don't remember any other bicycle or ebike company that have accomplished such recall.

Every decision for any company make is about 'the bottom line'.
For Fiido to have sent out replacement T1 models for free within a month of issuing recall, that is already above & beyond what normal manufacturers do.

Over 35 years in the bicycle industry, I don't remember any other bicycle or ebike company that have accomplished such recall.
I can appreciate your positive spin, you help alot of members of this forum. They could have shipped replacements with 750w motors. They made a decision to ship replacements with 250w motor and this has not been formally announced as of yet. Probably make an announcement when all replacements are shipped and see what the backlash will be. Both recalls are centered around saving the future a company with brite innovative products.
20221117_143449_HDR.jpg
20221117_143449_HDR.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't share photos of recalled T1 with extra parts mounted near the weak spot of the frame; just CYA.

Depending on how much you weigh, adding a mid-drive to existing hub-motor ebike may be overkill for power output.
The added weight of additional motor/extra battery/controller, would just make the already hefty ebike even more hefty.
If steep hills with long distance climbing is what's involved in every single ride you do, a mid-drive motor ebike would be more ideal.
Maybe it's just me, but buy a complete mid-drive ebike and be done with; no need to buy a hub-motor ebike and add another motor to it.

My other cargo ebike is also hub-motor, 750w with 1000w peak output.
ymclAFH.jpg

Riding in Brooklyn with close to 180 lb. of additional cargo + myself at 175 lb. I have no problem making it work to get up hills; but that's with pedal assist, not just throttle only action.
What brand is the blue cargo bike pictured?

Depending on how much you weigh, adding a mid-drive to existing hub-motor ebike may be overkill for power output.
The added weight of additional motor/extra battery/controller, would just make the already hefty ebike even more hefty.
If steep hills with long distance climbing is what's involved in every single ride you do, a mid-drive motor ebike would be more ideal.
Maybe it's just me, but buy a complete mid-drive ebike and be done with; no need to buy a hub-motor ebike and add another motor to it.

My other cargo ebike is also hub-motor, 750w with 1000w peak output.
ymclAFH.jpg

Riding in Brooklyn with close to 180 lb. of additional cargo + myself at 175 lb. I have no problem making it work to get up hills; but that's with pedal assist, not just throttle only action.
What is the make of this blue cargo bike?

What is the make of this blue cargo bike?
Generic AliExpress, purchased directly from factory/manufacturer in China; no brand, just made for other brand to put their stickers on it for resale.

Personally, I wouldn't share photos of recalled T1 with extra parts mounted near the weak spot of the frame; just CYA.
I got my replacement T-1 250w motor top speed is 15 mph in 1 2 or 3. If I want to go faster I need to find a steep hill to down. Coasting down a hill I reached 27 mph.

Fiido put up a video guide to unlock some top speed for the replacement T1.

By your handle, I think the load you carry may creates more risk than speed.

Fiido put up a video guide to unlock some top speed for the replacement T1.

By your handle, I think the load you carry may creates more risk than speed.
Why don't you just manage your limitations. I will manage my decisions and choices.

Merely offering a solution that was provided by Fiido; in case you didn't know it was available.
Use it as much as you paid for it; which is nothing.
I'd like to think most of us are here on this forum trying to help each other out, how you respond to the help is up to you.

Back