Fazua weak motor

nme123

Local time
11:52 AM
I bought a Fazua equiped E-bike wanting a light frame and extra assistance from the electric motor uphill.
What I got was a badly designed Fazua installation which gives almost no noticeable assistance, is much heavier than a standard racer and the controls of the battery (forces you to remove it with a key each time just to turn it on and off) are painfully annoying.
making the bike not worth the money or effort.

Has anyone found Fazua motor's to be strong enough to justify their own weight?

Yes, I have a Trek Domane+LT and love it. But, at first is seemed like a hassle to unlock the battery case each time I ride. But, I've developed an routine now and I'm approaching 1,000 miles, I don't mind the inconvenience at all. Besides, what little effort is is to open and close the case to activate the battery is well worth the assist I gain. Of course I still have to put in an effort, but I gain on an average of 4 to 8 MPH over my typical speed with my Specialized carbon bike that weighs 13 lbs. less.
What I've discovered is that 95% of my rides are with the Bresse setting. The other 5 to 10% is Neutral, Stream or Rocket. But in addition to this, what is most helpful is I've upped my cadence by 10 to 15 RPM. I notice that, especially when on a + incline as I increase my cadence the peddle pressure decreases.

Same here I have a Focus Paralane2 9.7 and loving the Fazua system, I didn't want an Ebike that did all the work for me, so I am glad to put some effort in to get a good assist, also I don't find having to remove battery each time to turn on/off a hassle at all. Would have been better not having to but not really an issue for me. Big weight saving in bike well worth it.

In September I biked 1000 km in France on a rented Domane 6+. At home I ride a Specialized Creo. The Fazua system on the Trek Domane worked fine in terms of assistance. As someone else noted, higher cadence helps. But I disliked the hassle of taking battery out for charging and it seemed touchy getting it to recognize the key on startup. I was surprised I was getting dropped (I'm usually the stronger rider in my group) on a climb when I realized the assist had never come on. Stopped, used the key again to take the battery in and out, and then I was good to go. I much prefer the Specialized battery/motor.

The Fazua system was lighter than the other motors at that time. I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t equally light motors because technology is changing so quickly. The price you pay for a light motor is a smaller battery, which I think is good because you have to put in more effort. The software has been developed specifically to match your effor and to “kick in” seamlessly/unnoticeably.
I have heard 2 people being disappointed when initially riding on the flat because they weren’t going any faster than on their road bikes, unfortunately they were missing the point.
The more you use the lock the smoother the operation becomes, and this happens quite quickly. Once I had to cycle up “the devils elbow” unassisted having changed the battery at the bottom of the hill, and forgot to switch it on!!

I'm confused. On my Trek Domane+lT I don't "have to switch my key on" to activate the battery/motor. It does go to "sleep" after 8 hours of inactivity and will "wake-up" when I push the on/off button of the remote located on the the top tube. This remote unit that displays the LEDs indication the amount of charge and assist level as well as the on/off button. I do use a key to open/close the battery/motor assemble in the down tube.

The latest version of the remote enables the battery to be switched on and off. Unfortunately people with the earlier version have to buy the new remote. I don’t think its worth it.
Robert

I bought a Fazua equiped E-bike wanting a light frame and extra assistance from the electric motor uphill.
What I got was a badly designed Fazua installation which gives almost no noticeable assistance, is much heavier than a standard racer and the controls of the battery (forces you to remove it with a key each time just to turn it on and off) are painfully annoying.
making the bike not worth the money or effort.

Has anyone found Fazua motor's to be strong enough to justify their own weight?
I have seen this once. You must go into the software via the usb link and Toolbox software and set the assist in all categories to 'moderate' assistance. I have done extensive work on Fazua. I have two bikes with the system. iamrussell@msn.com

Back