Fazua Evation Drive System Problems

1TrackMind

Local time
2:59 PM
Have any users of the Fazua system had any problems with the motor coming on and going off rapidly when pedalling up steep hills at low cadence? Any other tips from users who have been using the Fazua system for a while would be useful.

I have a Pinarello Nytro with a Fazua motor and I am experiencing exactly the "phasing" issue that you have described. I contacted more than one dealer and they promised to get an answer from Fazua but so far no solutions have been provided.

I have been told that the issue is a software one as it is enough to change the sensitivity of the pedal pressure sensor. I tried to enter the Fazua software system using the Fazua service Toolbox but I could not find any available options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I received a response from Fazua about the problem:

"Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our e-bike motor system.

As you describe it I assume as well too low cadence as the root cause.

As the optimal support depends on the cadence and torque. Hereby we demand from our drivers a round kick and constant pedal pressure,
just to get the optimal support from our system. Should an irregular kick or not even pedal pressure take place, in exceptional cases, it may be that the system feels that it is losing performance or support."

It seems down to low cadence and not having a smooth pedal stroke! Have arranged to take to dealer to have software checked."

How many miles before the Fazua motor " kicks in on my e bike? I have ridden around 10 miles but no response.

Have any users of the Fazua system had any problems with the motor coming on and going off rapidly when pedalling up steep hills at low cadence? Any other tips from users who have been using the Fazua system for a while would be useful.
I've experienced the motor 'skipping a beat' when climbing steep hills. I've ridden about 9,000 miles on my Cube c62 road bike with Fazua and thought perhaps I needed to replace chain, chainrings and cassette to see if this would solve the problem. I was quoted £100 to do this. Would this solve the problem? Not sure. Might be worth a try.

After upgrading my Fazua motor to 2.0 black pepper as recommended by Fazua the cutting out of the motor problem was resolved. Fazua toolbox app can help with the upgrade although my local ebike shop did it for me. Recently however I have been getting what I can only describe as the motor 'skipping a beat' when climbing. This only lasts for a fraction of a second and so I've put up with it. Having ridden around 8,000 miles on my Cube c62 road bike powered by Fazua I thought that perhaps renewing chainrings, chain and cassette might iron this problem out. Was quoted £100 to do this. Might go down this route.

I have this problem with the Fazua, it started a month ago, has not been resolved with the recent upgrade (2.12) following many complaints about version 2.11. I noticed on the toolbox diagnostic test numerous instances of “incorrect wheelbase size” starting about a month ago, not sure if this is related. Have emailed Fazua today. Automatic reply says they are very busy.
this is the 5th time there have been problems with the motor, bought the bike in Nov 2019. Getting a bit fed up as bike has been off the road about 4 months overall.
Anyone else having problems

How many miles before the Fazua motor " kicks in on my e bike? I have ridden around 10 miles but no response.
You probably haven't switched on the motor before inserting the battery and motor into the bike.

hello i have just bought a trek domane +, and i had the same issue.
In the FAZUA software i changed the levelbar for "ram up" to 100% for all 3 levels, the problem seemed to be solved. hope you can use this.
it is under customize.

Kent E

After upgrading my Fazua motor to 2.0 black pepper as recommended by Fazua the cutting out of the motor problem was resolved. Fazua toolbox app can help with the upgrade although my local ebike shop did it for me. Recently however I have been getting what I can only describe as the motor 'skipping a beat' when climbing. This only lasts for a fraction of a second and so I've put up with it. Having ridden around 8,000 miles on my Cube c62 road bike powered by Fazua I thought that perhaps renewing chainrings, chain and cassette might iron this problem out. Was quoted £100 to do this. Might go down this route.
there could be a reason a wrong speed sensor - it happend by my e-caliber 9.8, unrealistic speed values especially by slow motion

hello i have just bought a trek domane +, and i had the same issue.
In the FAZUA software i changed the levelbar for "ram up" to 100% for all 3 levels, the problem seemed to be solved. hope you can use this.
it is under customize.

Kent E
An old post I know, but just wanted to check if this has continued to be a solution for you? My Fazua Evation, 6 weeks old, is doing the same thing as you, @keith44 , and many others have reported on this and other forums. I have the latest firmware, 2.12, diagnostics are all OK, and at present I have the 3 levels set to default. For ramp up that gives 15%, 35%, and 60% for the 3 levels. I'm interested to hear any comments.

I bought my New 2021 Domane LT + last Dec 2021. Last winter, ever since I bought the bike, when the temperature is below 40 Fahrenheit, I get a soft fault and the motor does not seem to engage. As soon as it gets higher than 50 the problem seems to go away. Did not have any issues during summer, then when cold weather started a few weeks ago, again the issue started, however this team the temp was around 50 degrees and the issue went away when the temp rose to 60+. I ran the diagnostics, and it did not show and faults. Any idea or has anyone else this issue?

Hi, I appear to have a few issues with the Fazua Evation system on a Vitus gravel bike

1) If I try to apply a higher pedal pressure (torque) the assist drops out and I get a red light. he assistance comes back after I ease the pressure. This happens in all power levels.
2) If I hit a bump or for instance, ride over cobbles, the system cuts out and I get a single blue light. The system them reconnects.
3) Mechanically removing the battery/motor from the bike is very, very difficult.

Hi, my Focus Paralane2 9.7 with Fazua Evation system has hit a snag. The charging plug / socket is magnetic (presumably to ensure correct orientation of the plug). It has picked up an office staple and may have shorted out something in the controller. Intermittent error, then permanent (yellowish green error light on the handlebar remote) - battery seems OK as it goes through the startup routine green / purple / blue lights - then error light. Is this something I can diagnose with the toolbox or does it have to go back to the dealer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Might need only some kind of factory reset, but how to do that?

Yes mine started about a week ago, but only when pedaling with no pressure when under load it stopped making any noise, it happened again this morning when I hit a vicious pot hole, I think there is a partial disconnect between the battery and motor, not good on a gravel bike.

Back