Fat Tire Farthing - Schwinn

Local time
5:52 PM
Hello distinguished denizens of the ebike forum!
I am beginning my due diligence in the construction of a fat tire e-bike.
I am also prepping to build my first low-cost bicycle, using a Schwinn MTB and parts found in the rain forest.
I need to get by as inexpensively as possible.
Anyone who could give salient pointers, please, let's hear 'em!

Hello distinguished denizens of the ebike forum!
I am beginning my due diligence in the construction of a fat tire e-bike.
I am also prepping to build my first low-cost bicycle, using a Schwinn MTB and parts found in the rain forest.
I need to get by as inexpensively as possible.
Anyone who could give salient pointers, please, let's hear 'em!
Does it have to be electric? Gas kits are way less expensive and have way more range.

Does it have to be electric? Gas kits are way less expensive and have way more range.
Yes.
Cops can hear a gas motor from miles away.
I have worked on enough gas engines. Plug and go. Why make it anymore difficult that it has to be? Plus, get 30-40 mph plus? Good enough for me!

Yes.
Cops can hear a gas motor from miles away.
I have worked on enough gas engines. Plug and go. Why make it anymore difficult that it has to be? Plus, get 30-40 mph plus? Good enough for me!
You won't be able to touch a "plug and go" motor, controller, and battery that's good for 40+ for under $1500. Once you get above 1500 watts of motor power you can't use cheap batteries because they can't handle the discharge required. You can build ebikes that cruise in the 20s for around $500 cause you can get away with a $250 dollar battery. On the same note you can build a gas bike that hits 40mph for $100. Add another Benjamin for a pipe and you can hit 50.

Back