Fat Tire e-trike pulling to the side?

zee711

Local time
4:25 PM
I have a 20 inch fat tire trike which I mounted a 1000 watt front hub motor to it with a 48 volt, 20Ah battery, but I have 1 problem it does not want to go straight it keep pulling to the side. If coasting 2-3 miles per hour it is OK but when you throttle it up to 8-10mph. it keeps wanting to go almost in circles. I already checked rear axle alignment and headset but still it doesn't want to go straight any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Zee.

I have a 20 inch fat tire trike which I mounted a 1000 watt front hub motor to it with a 48 volt, 20Ah battery, but I have 1 problem it does not want to go straight it keep pulling to the side. If coasting 2-3 miles per hour it is OK but when you throttle it up to 8-10mph. it keeps wanting to go almost in circles. I already checked rear axle alignment and headset but still it doesn't want to go straight any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Zee.
That's because you are only powering one wheel. On a trike if you are only going to use one motor its better to put on front wheel.

Yes, the motor is on the front wheel. .. but thanks anyway for trying to help.
I am brand new to trikes and I understand. Someone suggested turning the handlebars the way you would a steering in a car. Force. And practice figure 8's. Good luck.

Need a bit more info about your trike. Is it a tadpole which means 2 front wheels one rear wheel or a delta trike which has one front wheel and 2 rear wheels. If it a tadpole it's prob not a great idea to have only one front wheel powered, ideally you would power the rear wheel. That would require a hub motor capable of supporting a gear cluster. If your's is a delta then yes as A said check the basics

I suspect you have a tadpole trike, with two wheels up front, from what you are describing. If the trike under e-power is always turning to the right, you have the electric wheel mounted on the left side. If the trike is turning left, you have the e-power wheel on the right side. There is no easy fix for problem.

You need to have the e- powered wheel on the back drive wheel, but the wheel mounted on the front does not have threads on the hub to accept a cassette for the back wheel.
So you need a new wheel with a cassette, or your current wheel rebuilt with a new hub to go on the back.

If you have one wheel up front and two in the back, then disregard my comments.

Back