Fascinated by ebikes.

Udog

Local time
12:30 PM
Thanks for all the input you all offer. I live in Central Wisconsin and I am amazed by the concept of an ebike and have used the excuse of wanting to get one to help with overall health. Im pushing 60 and I would not ride a regular bike, but love my ebike. Bought my fat tire used and needed freshening up. New motor, battery controller and some specialty controls and the like. I am fairly handy so I have had some significant modifications to make stuff work. Have some gearing problems but that is why I joined. See you around the threads.

Thanks for all the input you all offer. I live in Central Wisconsin and I am amazed by the concept of an ebike and have used the excuse of wanting to get one to help with overall health. Im pushing 60 and I would not ride a regular bike, but love my ebike. Bought my fat tire used and needed freshening up. New motor, battery controller and some specialty controls and the like. I am fairly handy so I have had some significant modifications to make stuff work. Have some gearing problems but that is why I joined. See you around the threads.
Welcome! I've become obsessed with Ebikes ! This is a great group of ppl! The most helpful group, of any kind, I've ever been involved with

Totally agree. I've become obsessed myself, but I believe it's a good thing :cool: I get to ride more, and tinker more.
I hadn't ridden a bike of any kind in 25+ yrs and was never really into them until very recently. I watch maintenance videos and check out new brands & models everyday now. Picking up a new hobby/obsession at 51yo is very exciting to me

And expensive! Hahahaha
Yep for sure. I was at the grocery store earlier and saw a guy unlocking this 1963 Huffy. We got to talking and I ended up buying it for $50! I guess he walked home idk. I'd like to put a conversion kit on it but either way I think I got a killer deal

Attachments

• IMG20221129121800.jpg
    IMG20221129121800.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 68
you can fit a HUGE ah battery mid frame there :)

Man with a BBS02 750w and a 52v 40ah battery and an eggrider display, you'd be cruisin the boulevard in style mate :)

That's what I was thinking but it took me hours just to figure out how to adjust and tighten spokes on a bike. A conversion kit is really daunting atm

That's what I was thinking but it took me hours just to figure out how to adjust and tighten spokes on a bike. A conversion kit is really daunt
That's what I was thinking but it took me hours just to figure out how to adjust and tighten spokes on a bike. A conversion kit is really daunting atm
The thing has to way 50-60lbs as is

Back