Excited about getting my first e-bike! - Magicycle

CWebike

Local time
4:46 AM
Hi everyone! I have taken 4 months to carefully research the world of e-bikes, looking for the best quality and power in an affordable e-bike. I finally decided on a Magicycle, a new e-bike brand with great components. You can see them at https://www.magicyclebike.com/ but as soon as mine arrives I will post pictures and let you know what I think of the Magicycle. Can't wait! I hope you have a great week that includes some riding time :)

Wow, congratulations on your new purchase. I'm a bit puzzled by your selection however given this bike and it's manufacture are brand new to the marketplace.

I've always been one of those people that never likes to buy the first model of anything. In the eBike, business most of which comes from China, there are new companies coming online virtually every day. Even some of the more established manufactures and sellers of these bikes have less than stellar records for after sales support. I hope yours goes well for you.

Thanks, Hoggdoc, and in general I would agree with you. What persuaded me to give Magicycle a try is the strong e-product background of the owner plus the enthusiasm of reviewers and the quality of the components -- in other words, the hub motor, derailleur, tires, etc. are known brands. As you said, there are other important things that I do not know yet. I'll try to keep everyone in formed. Now the hard part -- waiting more-or-less patiently for the Magicycle to arrive!

Thanks, Hoggdoc, and in general I would agree with you. What persuaded me to give Magicycle a try is the strong e-product background of the owner plus the enthusiasm of reviewers and the quality of the components -- in other words, the hub motor, derailleur, tires, etc. are known brands. As you said, there are other important things that I do not know yet. I'll try to keep everyone in formed. Now the hard part -- waiting more-or-less patiently for the Magicycle to arrive!
Wish you luck hope all goes well.

I was about to buy that MagicCycle but changed my mind and I went to local bike shop and purchased a Aventon Aventure.

I was about to buy that MagicCycle but changed my mind and I went to local bike shop and purchased a Aventon Aventure.
Well I hope that works out well for you. But there's been many reports of terrible customer service from Aventon as well. Just because there's a local dealer involved they still have to get parts and get authorized warranty service from Aventon.

This seems to be the business model most of these Chinese MFGs follow, dump the product on the us public, then abandon then after sale.

Looks like a pretty decent bike from the specs... CONGRATS! I would take off all the hideous accessories though like the fenders, the rack, that SEAT, and definitely get some new bars, but overall it seems to be a great value.

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 9.52.09 AM.png

I just purchased an eBike myself but I went with a gravel bike instead... Canyon Grail:ON

2021 canyon grailon hero.jpeg

Back