Evelo ebikes - Aurora limited & Galaxy 500

Dlent

Local time
4:43 AM
I'm considering ebikes for myself (Aurora limited) as well as my wife (Galaxy 500).

I do not see much mention in this forum on the Evelo brand.

Can you please let me know both the pros and cons of this brand and if it would be a wise purchase decision?

Or are there other brand and models I (we) should consider providing the best value for the price paid?

Thanks

I just looked over their website. It's pretty impressive but as we all know you can't believe everything you see on the web. Here are a few comments i came up with after looking.

# 1 They claim to have been in the e-bike business for ten years, this is the first I have heard their name and I spend a lot of time looks at e-bike material on the web.

# 2 They don't seem to have a central location for the business, their staff resides all over the country.

# 3 They claim to work with dealers yet there is no list of dealers on their site.

# 4 The pricing seems to be OK if they deliver what they say these models have. But for these prices I would go to a local dealer and buy a name brand bike.

# 5 Their 4 year 20,000 mile warranty is only as good as the company issuing it and that is yet to be determined. I would also want to read completely the wording of the warranty.

# 6 They don't say who makes components on their bikes, battery cells used, motors, brakes, etc.

All together unless you can find some owner produced believable reviews I would look elsewhere.

The Atlas model appeals to me, but it costs about 2G more than I would spend.
They need to provide more info to justify that price.

Thanks for the input and would appreciate any other information folks have.

After reading the above comments I looked them up on BBB. They seem to have an A+ rating. Additionally, the have more than 20 reviews all being 5 star.
All seem to mention their outstanding customer service and support.

I plan to ask them about the brand of component parts they use. Seems like it's a premium product.

Other things I should check on?

Check EBR electric bike review for their review of the Aurora Limited, very positive. I’m very likely going for either it or the newer Atlas with a second battery, haven’t decided which just yet. As for the comments about nothing said about components, their website outlines all of that. And I see very good reviews in a lot of places.

I am thinking of purchasing the Aurora Limited. I’ve been looking quite extensively online for reviews and I found mostly positive reviews. Evelo owners and YT videos. In the forums you find a couple of minor issues but nothing major or enough to deter me from buying one. Looks to be a very decent bike compared to some of the European models that are way out of ‘my‘ price range. Mid-drive, Gates Carbon Belt Drive and automatic shifting (with option for manual shifting) and option to purchase an extra battery, what’s not to like? The only questionable item for me is the motor manufacturer (Dapu), I haven’t heard of them before.

From what I’ve seen, the motor hasn’t had a problems. I too, have done a lot of research on a lot of e-bikes, and looked at a lot of reviews like EBR, as well as reviews of a lot of owners from numerous sources. I’ve pretty well settled on Evelo, either the Aurora Limited, or the Atlas, possibly with a second battery. The only thing holding me back is saving up the money for which ever one I get.

I have an older Galaxy ST and I just bought my wife a Galaxy 500.. Great bikes and excellent customer service..

Pulled the trigger on the Aurora Limited Edition. Black Friday sale.
Congratulations. I've had mine for about a month now.
LOVE it.
Had an issue with my assembly. It was suggested I take my bike in to a local bike shop to have the hydraulic brakes bled and adjusted. The bill when presented to evelo was immediately paid. No questions asked. I was very impressed.

I've received their newsletter for some time now. I’ve also researched numerous ebikes, and have seriously considered a number of them, many very good bikes, but not checking all of the boxes, so to speak. But I’ve pretty well settled on either the Aurora Limited, or the Atlas with extra battery. The new Omega has a lot of appeal as well. But I recently replied to one of their emails with my desire to go with them, but that I couldn’t afford it at the moment, so I’d have to save up. I got a reply back telling me about their financing plans, some with short term 0% interest, which are nice. But with my excellent credit rating if i could get a longer term 0% interest plan, I might go for it. But I’ll probably have to wait. I sure would liketo take advantage of the current sales!

I just looked over their website. It's pretty impressive but as we all know you can't believe everything you see on the web. Here are a few comments i came up with after looking.

# 1 They claim to have been in the e-bike business for ten years, this is the first I have heard their name and I spend a lot of time looks at e-bike material on the web.

# 2 They don't seem to have a central location for the business, their staff resides all over the country.

# 3 They claim to work with dealers yet there is no list of dealers on their site.

# 4 The pricing seems to be OK if they deliver what they say these models have. But for these prices I would go to a local dealer and buy a name brand bike.

# 5 Their 4 year 20,000 mile warranty is only as good as the company issuing it and that is yet to be determined. I would also want to read completely the wording of the warranty.

# 6 They don't say who makes components on their bikes, battery cells used, motors, brakes, etc.

All together unless you can find some owner produced believable reviews I would look elsewhere.
I'm not an apologist for Evelo, but my dealings with them so far have been top notch! To address item #1 - go to Electric Bike Reviews and enter "evelo" in the search engine. You'll find 21 individual reviews of various Evelo e-bikes, model years from 2013-2022. Their website does indeed answer some of your other questions. I hope that any e-bike shoppers who have run across your comments did their own research!

Back