Evelo ebikes

Dlent

I'm considering ebikes for myself (Aurora limited) as well as my wife (Galaxy 500).

I do not see much mention in this forum on the Evelo brand.

Can you please let me know both the pros and cons of this brand and if it would be a wise purchase decision?

Or are there other brand and models I (we) should consider providing the best value for the price paid?

Thanks

Hoggdoc

Website
activityphoto.com
I just looked over their website. It's pretty impressive but as we all know you can't believe everything you see on the web. Here are a few comments i came up with after looking.

# 1 They claim to have been in the e-bike business for ten years, this is the first I have heard their name and I spend a lot of time looks at e-bike material on the web.

# 2 They don't seem to have a central location for the business, their staff resides all over the country.

# 3 They claim to work with dealers yet there is no list of dealers on their site.

# 4 The pricing seems to be OK if they deliver what they say these models have. But for these prices I would go to a local dealer and buy a name brand bike.

# 5 Their 4 year 20,000 mile warranty is only as good as the company issuing it and that is yet to be determined. I would also want to read completely the wording of the warranty.

# 6 They don't say who makes components on their bikes, battery cells used, motors, brakes, etc.

All together unless you can find some owner produced believable reviews I would look elsewhere.

wheelbender6

The Atlas model appeals to me, but it costs about 2G more than I would spend.
They need to provide more info to justify that price.

Dlent

Thanks for the input and would appreciate any other information folks have.

After reading the above comments I looked them up on BBB. They seem to have an A+ rating. Additionally, the have more than 20 reviews all being 5 star.
All seem to mention their outstanding customer service and support.

I plan to ask them about the brand of component parts they use. Seems like it's a premium product.

Other things I should check on?

Top Bottom