Engwe poor after sales

Daveturbo

Local time
12:26 PM
Before making the decision to purchase an Engwe e-bike, I feel it's important to share my personal experience with the company and their product. I bought my Engwe e-bike in March 2023, and within a short span of time, I ran into technical issues with the bike.

When I reached out to Engwe's customer service for assistance, the response time was far from satisfactory. Although I understand that troubleshooting can be a complex process, their response took a full 24 hours each time. Moreover, I was asked to conduct a series of tests on my own, which included using a multimeter to check the battery and the charger, and then recording a video of the process to send to them.

After complying with their requirements, I had to wait another two days for their next response. The entire process has been quite frustrating and time-consuming, and it is still ongoing.

Based on my experience, I have concerns about the efficiency of Engwe's customer support, as well as the reliability of their e-bikes. As a consumer, I believe we deserve products that function as promised and customer service that is prompt and effective. Unfortunately, in my experience, Engwe has fallen short in these aspects.

While this is just my personal experience, and others may have had different ones, I feel it's essential to share it for the sake of potential customers. I advise thoroughly researching and considering other options before deciding to purchase an Engwe e-bike."

Before making the decision to purchase an Engwe e-bike, I feel it's important to share my personal experience with the company and their product. I bought my Engwe e-bike in March 2023, and within a short span of time, I ran into technical issues with the bike.

When I reached out to Engwe's customer service for assistance, the response time was far from satisfactory. Although I understand that troubleshooting can be a complex process, their response took a full 24 hours each time. Moreover, I was asked to conduct a series of tests on my own, which included using a multimeter to check the battery and the charger, and then recording a video of the process to send to them.

After complying with their requirements, I had to wait another two days for their next response. The entire process has been quite frustrating and time-consuming, and it is still ongoing.

Based on my experience, I have concerns about the efficiency of Engwe's customer support, as well as the reliability of their e-bikes. As a consumer, I believe we deserve products that function as promised and customer service that is prompt and effective. Unfortunately, in my experience, Engwe has fallen short in these aspects.

While this is just my personal experience, and others may have had different ones, I feel it's essential to share it for the sake of potential customers. I advise thoroughly researching and considering other options before deciding to purchase an Engwe e-bike."
Unfortunately this is not unusual in today's e bike market place. This happens because the overwhelming majority of the bikes on the market come from China and are sold by companies who order containers of them and dump them on the US market. These companies have no infrastructure to handle issues with the products that they sell and off load those issues to the Chinese companies the buy the product from. The delays are caused by dealing with these Chinese companies.

I'm not sure what the answer is other than avoid buying from companies with limited time in the marketplace. Other brands that have been around for a few years have had to clean up their acts and provide better after sale support. Some have even been rolling out dealerships around the country which at least give to a somewhat local place to deal with.

People need to do their homework before buying by looking at reviews and talking with owners of the e bikes they are considering buying. I watched the market for over two years before buying learning as much as I could about the technology of e bikes and their major components. If you are not willing to do that I suggest not buying.

So, you have gotten several responses within 24 hours, verified voltages on a charger and a battery, with video, and got another response within 48 hours. What information did that last response contain?

Frankly, these are outstandingly rapid responses, not at all an unreasonable test to request, and with no statement from you of what the original problem was, and what their after-test response is, I can only ask if you expected them to butter your toast for you?

I couldnt agree with you more my battery failed after 6 weeks and about 2 months of emails and pictures and videos they tell me battery is fine from 68% to 7% in about 3 seconds and total milage of 15miles. But they say battery is fine.

Hi,

I totally agree that they are so very poor and have no care or consideration towards a customer.
My bike failed and I resorted to buying a new battery at £200+ as I was getting nowhere with them. Finally they stated that they though it was the throttle and it would be about 40 euros. Then they stated that it was not in stock and no longer available and hoped I understood! What the hell I am supposed to do now I don't know!

Their product reliability is not good and their customer support is very bad! I would not advise anyone to buy from them!

Back