Engwe Engine Pro Vs Fiido M21

fexx77

Local time
4:47 PM
I have to decide between these two E-bikes. There's a dealer who sells them at the same price. Both have interesting features. About the Engwe I like the esthetics and the hydraulic breakes. I'm not mad about the M21 look but the torque sensor is the thing I'm interested in. I'd use it for commuting mostly in rainy conditions (I live in Ireland️). If anyone has tried both which one would recommend?

I have (had) both.. Fiido M21 not badged the same brand, but Engwe is the same.
bkQllH7.jpg

Fiido M21 clone has slightly larger frame, so the minimum seat height is higher. Single pivot rear suspension is simpler & more durable.
I sold the Fiido M21 clone because it has spoked wheels, with the 750w peak power output I think if you use that often the spokes will get stressed.
Engwe has cast wheels, may be heavier, but more durable in the long run for the power output.
Performance wise they are both very similar. Hydraulic brakes are nice, but a bit overkill for me (170 lb. rider).
Engwe has regen mode, it doesn't generate much, but still extends 2-3 mile of range to limp you home or to an outlet.
I personally have no need for torque sensor power output, I know not to mash the pedals or use the throttle when I'm shifting to avoid damage to drivetrain. Both ebikes come with throttle, so torque sensor seems unnecessary to me.

Fat tires will kick up lots of water when ridden in rain, even with the fenders that come with these ebikes, I would invest if extensions to the OEM fenders.
They are both heavy, may be challenging to lift & fit into car for transport, even when folded.

After a little of research I finally decided on the engwe ep2 pro. Ordered it today and also got a spare 13ah battery. It'll be my 1st venture into ebikes. I just hope it arrives undamaged. Not looking forward to the wait, but I know I'll be fun once it gets here.

I have (had) both.. Fiido M21 not badged the same brand, but Engwe is the same.
bkQllH7.jpg

Fiido M21 clone has slightly larger frame, so the minimum seat height is higher. Single pivot rear suspension is simpler & more durable.
I sold the Fiido M21 clone because it has spoked wheels, with the 750w peak power output I think if you use that often the spokes will get stressed.
Engwe has cast wheels, may be heavier, but more durable in the long run for the power output.
Performance wise they are both very similar. Hydraulic brakes are nice, but a bit overkill for me (170 lb. rider).
Engwe has regen mode, it doesn't generate much, but still extends 2-3 mile of range to limp you home or to an outlet.
I personally have no need for torque sensor power output, I know not to mash the pedals or use the throttle when I'm shifting to avoid damage to drivetrain. Both ebikes come with throttle, so torque sensor seems unnecessary to me.

Fat tires will kick up lots of water when ridden in rain, even with the fenders that come with these ebikes, I would invest if extensions to the OEM fenders.
They are both heavy, may be challenging to lift & fit into car for transport, even when folded.
How many kilometres does the Engine pro have?

800 miles on my ENGWE, about 1200 km, before I sold it.

Durability depends on how/where you ride it, how much you/cargo weigh and weather condition that you ride in.

Durability depends on how/where you ride it, how much you/cargo weigh and weather condition that you ride in.
And what about the tyres, which tyres do you prefer? Chaoyang or CST?

I didn't change out the OEM tires, they were knobbies, too noisy for my type of riding, kick up too much water/mud/snow.
I find the PEM tires on the Fiido T1 to be great for all around riding, with exception of muddy conditions.
T5L7Zj1.jpg

Back