Tools Electric bike lift

CloneWerks

Local time
8:40 AM
So... I definitely don't have this kind of cash to spend on a bike maintenance rack.... but if I did (drool drool)

2022-08-22 17_24_41-Electric-assist Workstand - 1693EL – Unior USA - Opera.jpg

This one has always been considered the Holy Grail (with a waiting list), I think, but remarkably it’s cheaper than the one you posted CW.

As somebody always interested in protecting my back, I was looking into these until I discovered the cost.

I was ready to rig a pulley lift on my garage ceiling when I realized it wasn’t too hard to get my bike in the air after all.

First, my bike is 52 lbs, so that helps (20 lbs lighter than say, the Aventure).

Next, I bought a maintenance stand which has a horizontal clamp, where I can simply but the bike onto it and have it passively rest there until tightening the clamp. The stand also has an adjustable vertical post.

I remove the battery to lighten the load, and set up the stand at its shortest height. Here, I only have to get it up a few inches onto the horizontal clamp.

I tighten that, and then with the bike secured, I lift it to the desired height. I find it is not difficult at all, once the bike is on the stand, to lift up and down.

Back