Ecotric review

canis2022

Local time
11:54 AM
I ordered an Ecotric folding bike for my wife so we can ride together. It took just three days to get here and I have to say, they did an amazing job packing it up. My first impression is that the bike looks very well made...the welds on the frame are first rate and the bike was pretty easy to assemble. It came with everything assembled except the front fork and tire. The instructions were pretty clear and straight forward. I put the battery on the charger and I'll take it for a ride tomorrow and see how it does. The bike cost $800 including tax, they provide free shipping. It's a 500 watt, 36 volt fat tire so it's not going to be super fast but, it should do fine for the kind of riding we'll be doing. It's a class 2 so, peddle assist or throttle. I'll follow up with pictures and more impressions once I get a chance to put it through a few test rides.

Pros 1. Great price 2. Better than expected quality 3. Easy assembly 4. automatically changes to peddle assist when you start peddling 5 very stable while riding..
Cons 1. weight limit of just 200 lbs. 2. Ridged frame, no suspension. 3. Limited information on controller ( no trip meter) 4. Uncomfortable seat.
That being said, I'm pleased with the purchase. I could see this being a great option for camping or short rides around town but, it's not made for big people. However I weigh 190 and it pulls me down the road just fine.

Attachments

• 20220623_095504.jpg
    20220623_095504.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20220623_095933.jpg
    20220623_095933.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 20220623_095602.jpg
    20220623_095602.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 20220623_095512.jpg
    20220623_095512.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 20220623_095553.jpg
    20220623_095553.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 161
  • 20220623_095445.jpg
    20220623_095445.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 171
I think you and your wife are going to have fun on these. Riding around without having to feel exhausted.
Don't worry about having too little info on the display. Your wife won't care; she'll know when she's going too fast to feel comfortable and take it down a notch; they go by gut feel, not data.

I have a similar eBike, but a bit faster. (heybike Ranger) I'm going to replace the seat and replace the knobby tires with street tires, then tune the brakes not to screech, it it should be perfect.

I think you and your wife are going to have fun on these. Riding around without having to feel exhausted.
Don't worry about having too little info on the display. Your wife won't care; she'll know when she's going too fast to feel comfortable and take it down a notch; they go by gut feel, not data.

I have a similar eBike, but a bit faster. (heybike Ranger) I'm going to replace the seat and replace the knobby tires with street tires, then tune the brakes not to screech, it it should be perfect.
Since we'll be riding together. we can use the trip meter on my BPM. The only reason I mentioned it is for anyone considering buying one. We went for a ride this morning and since we live in the country, we have the roads pretty much to ourselves unless a farmer decides to go into town. She really enjoyed it. I told her it's a little like being on a motorcycle in that you get to see more since you have an unobstructed view and going slower gives you time to take everything in.

Did you order a new seat yet?

How’s it going?
We took the bike for several rides and we're really happy with it. My wife's fine with the seat that came with the bike. Now we're waiting for cooler temps before we can start riding again.

Oh, don’t wait! This is part of the beauty of eBikes: sweating is optional!

You can go out early and late, when it’s not so hot, and use less effort; let the motor do the work.

Or just be ready to sweat and bring water.

Here is my recent experience purcashing an Ecotric Ebik

Never buy an Ecotric Ebike. On 9/11-23 I purchased an Ecotric Cheetah for $660 from Walmart plus another $60 for 3yr warranty from Walmart courtesy of FAMETRADE LLC. When i opened my door to get the mail i notice a sticker from UPS on my door. After checking my doorbell camera it looks like the UPS driver just left the sticker on my door and never rang the bell or knocked. Its 115 degrees in AZ and the bike weighs about 100lbs in the box. The UPS sticker clams they would return the next business day. That was the last I’ve seen or heard from them. I filed a claim and it was closed without any contact or actionable request almost immediately. I finally got my money back after blasting their Linked In account. I kept Ecotric and FAMETRADE in the loop so you would think getting another bike wouldn't be an issue. They mentioned that sale is over and i would have to pay full price. They were also aware this would have been my 3rd purchase from them because i had so many issues with the batteries from the first 2 bikes. So i purchased the bike, UPS loses the bike, when trying to repurchase the bike from the same company the price is now over 12% more. I explained to Ecotric this incident was out of my control but they are refusing to honor my original purchase price from less than a week ago. So when i think of customer service moving forward, its basically the customer waiting to speak with call center reps that have no authority and countless emails all at my expense which turned into a waste of my time.

I agree with your assessment of their customer service (if you can call it that) I purchased an ebike from them for around $800 for my wife. After riding a few times, she noticed the front brakes were making quite a bit of noise. I tried several times to adjust the brakes but came to the conclusion that they were pretty much junk. I called Ecotoric and asked if they could send me a set of pads and caliper to fix the problem. Their response was pretty much... too bad bad buddy, you've already had it a month so, F off!

I agree with your assessment of their customer service (if you can call it that) I purchased an ebike from them for around $800 for my wife. After riding a few times, she noticed the front brakes were making quite a bit of noise. I tried several times to adjust the brakes but came to the conclusion that they were pretty much junk. I called Ecotoric and asked if they could send me a set of pads and caliper to fix the problem. Their response was pretty much... too bad bad buddy, you've already had it a month so, F off!
I had the same issue with the brakes. I actually worked a bike shop for a few years when i was younger and they are impossible to adjust. They only have 1 moving arm so 1 pad is fixed while the other moves. I used 2 playing cards on each side of the disk and that appeared to work for about 2 weeks until the cable stretched. I also needed to use atv sealant because 1 pad would loosen and fall out of the hole due to vibration which made it extreamly dangerous on long trips.

Pros 1. Great price 2. Better than expected quality 3. Easy assembly 4. automatically changes to peddle assist when you start peddling 5 very stable while riding..
Cons 1. weight limit of just 200 lbs. 2. Ridged frame, no suspension. 3. Limited information on controller ( no trip meter) 4. Uncomfortable seat.
That being said, I'm pleased with the purchase. I could see this being a great option for camping or short rides around town but, it's not made for big people. However I weigh 190 and it pulls me down the road just fine.
You may want to review you front brake because it may be backwards. i thought the caliber was behind the fork not infront but i may be wrong. https://www.ecotric.com/collections...l-36v-fat-tire-portable-folding-electric-bike

You may want to review you front brake because it may be backwards. i thought the caliber was behind the fork not infront but i may be wrong. https://www.ecotric.com/collections...l-36v-fat-tire-portable-folding-electric-bike
Thanks, I have another look at it. My initial impression of the bike was positive and after owning it for about a year I still think it's a decent option for a casual rider or maybe to take on a camping trip etc. This bike doesn't have enough power to climb hills or steep terrain but, if you don't need it for that it's fine. The main problem with Ecotric is their customer service and the brakes are a joke.

Back