Ecotric 48v 500w fat tire going full speed all the time

cheapie408

Local time
3:00 PM
Picked up a 36v and a 48v today. The wife's 36v is quiet smooth on how it kicks in and pace the pedal at all speeds, my 48v would just kick in full PAS, changing the PAS mode all does the same except as if I'm gunning the throttle when ever I peddle.
Ie: PAS 1 now matter how I peddle I'm always going 8mph, pas 2 doing 15mph etc... This makes it difficult to pace someone.
I believe this can be adjusted in the menu right? Couldn't find where to adjust this. Can anyone help? Thanks

If you just picked them up, this is what warranties are for.

Maybe a problem with the pedal sensor, if a torque sensor then likely needs a calibration. Pedal, or rotational, sensors do not usually fail in this manner.

You can typically adjust PAS settings as a cap on max motor input, 20%, etc., but the sensor adjusts the motor input within that range. If a rotational sensor, there is usually a number min the settings for the magnets on the circular part, should be the same on both bikes IF repeat IF they use exactly the same sensor. Count the magnets.

If you just picked them up, this is what warranties are for.

Maybe a problem with the pedal sensor, if a torque sensor then likely needs a calibration. Pedal, or rotational, sensors do not usually fail in this manner.

You can typically adjust PAS settings as a cap on max motor input, 20%, etc., but the sensor adjusts the motor input within that range. If a rotational sensor, there is usually a number min the settings for the magnets on the circular part, should be the same on both bikes IF repeat IF they use exactly the same sensor. Count the magnets.
I am having the same trouble. I have a 1500W Ebikeling kit on a Specialized bike. Dealer said to change settings P05 to 9 but my bike only offers 0,1or2 and they all give no control of my pedal assist. 0 does nothing, 1 shoots me up to 15mph and 2 goes to 20mph. Acts like Cruise control instead of assist. Any advice?

Go back to the dealer and complain. This is NOT how PAS is supposed to work, and they should know what settings are available. Possible you got an older controller that is more limited than it should be.

Also, if you did not get a printed manual, DEMAND one, it is necessary for a complicated setup.

What I can tell both of you for a near certainty is that there IS, or at least SHOULD BE, a menu setting that clears this up. Also possible that the pedal sensor is improperly installed and not being detected. Some have an indicator light, look for a test or check or any acknowledgement of the sensor in the display menus.

Back