Ebikes under $1,000?

Corkster52

Local time
5:39 AM
Newbie from Naperville IL, I am looking to purchase an ebike, but after days of research, I basically don't know where to start to make an educated purchase. I'd rather not spend more than $1,000 on one.

Beware. Aventon bikes are cheap but they are unreliable. No support at all from manufacturer.
Amazon has cheap Chinese bikes from Ancheer. They are fairly reliable, and you can get replacement parts.
More than you get with Aventon.

Himiway also has poor customer support. I also don't think you'll get much for under $1000.

After looking at ebikes for the last two years I finally decided to buy one before the upcoming price increases.. overseas container shipping rates have doubled and tripled over the last few months and along with soaring inflation I expect ebike prices to jump significantly going into next year.

like you I wanted to stay sub 1k if possible and had basically settled on the Rad Mission for $999 but then I stumbled on the Ecotric brand bikes and was very impressed, no BS with shipping (received mine in 4 days) way more bike for the money over Rad but what actually sold me was they have a new line of UL listed bikes!

I purchased the UL certified Leopard and it's simply amazing! Total cost delivered to my door was $979 and so far it exceeds all my expectations, only had it 10 days with 100 miles logged so still early but bike seems really well built and has 18 month warranty.
FCAB2A62-C458-490B-A58E-A47A0301FA4E.jpeg

After looking at ebikes for the last two years I finally decided to buy one before the upcoming price increases.. overseas container shipping rates have doubled and tripled over the last few months and along with soaring inflation I expect ebike prices to jump significantly going into next year.

like you I wanted to stay sub 1k if possible and had basically settled on the Rad Mission for $999 but then I stumbled on the Ecotric brand bikes and was very impressed, no BS with shipping (received mine in 4 days) way more bike for the money over Rad but what actually sold me was they have a new line of UL listed bikes!

I purchased the UL certified Leopard and it's simply amazing! Total cost delivered to my door was $979 and so far it exceeds all my expectations, only had it 10 days with 100 miles logged so still early but bike seems really well built and has 18 month warranty.View attachment 2447
Surely at that price it didn't come with the suspension seat post, did it? Was this an Amazon bike?

Surely at that price it didn't come with the suspension seat post, did it? Was this an Amazon bike?
No I purchased the seat and post after I received the bike, the factory seat was actually decent and if I was 30 years younger it would have been just fine, much nicer than my last MTB from the 90's.. the Giant city select seat and Suntour post that I added do make the bike super comfortable but probably overkill, one or the other would have been enough.

ordered bike directly from Ecotric.. https://www.ecotric.com/

Within your budget, there are not a lot of great e-bikes. Most will have 250 or 350watt motors in that price range.
-You may be able to find a bike with a 500watt motor on Amazon.

Back