ebikes that use the Brose motor system?

RedRider

Local time
1:18 AM
I would like to know wich bike manufacturers use Brose systems?
I live in Montreal, Quebec and found no retailer. I read positive things and would like to try it. Thanks

Specialized for sure! Very quiet & strong motor!

Last edited by a moderator:
I demoed 6 different e-bikes before deciding on the Levo which uses the Brose motor. Not sure why most manufactures are using the Shimano steps motor which is way louder. I liked the Pivot Shuttles handling but it was just to noisy. When your on the trail people will know your on an e-bike. The Levo is completely stealth. The only comments I get when ridding the Levo are from experienced bike riders looking at purchasing one. Since you live in Canada check out the Rocky Mountain Powerplay before making your purchase.

Thanks everyone. I am looking for a fat or some + HT. From Raleigh website for 2019 they have none that might interest me, other brands are not retailed in my area. I am not going to choose Shimano 8000, i read the 7000 produces less noise so i will try to demo that and a Specialized. Rocky Mountain only offers FS and i read their pulleys system is quite noisy but who knows. Shimano might be focussing on marketing, light and affordable and some people blindly trust them so i can see manufacturers wanting to be associated with them but i know what i want and i am in no rush to find a good match.

BH Bikes ATOM BIG BUD PRO
Dirt. Sand. Snow. Rocks. The ATOM BIG BUD Pro hits every seasonal need with a balanced ride, traditional mountain bike spec yet fully rack compatible for a serious backcountry adventure.

Fork • Rock Shox Bluto 100mm of travel
Motor • Brose 250W
Derailleur • Shimano Deore 1x10
Brakes • Tektro Auriga E-Comp with 203/180mm rotors
Tires • Kenda Chaoyang 26 x 4
Battery • 600Wh
Size • MD

$3,999.00

Correct. Brose is the king right now I believe. Brose Mag S is key since they made the case out of magnesium and lost about a pound of weight I believe.

And then Specialized Levo Version 2.0 worked with Brose to eliminate the mounting bracket to attach to the bike. So Specialized bikes accept a special Brose Mag S and mounts it directly to the frame. Saves almost a pound of weight too.

What Brose does well is it's very quiet with a belt-drive inside. Power delivery is smooth and seamless too. Software too, especially the Specialized with configurability of modes is good.

Back