Ebikeling 700c 48v 1200w geared hub review

Fastbike

Local time
9:39 AM
I put an Ebikeling 700c 48v 1200w geared hub kit on my road bike for fun. It's turned into a great bike which will climb hills and take off easily.

My first trip was to work and back which is 6 miles each way. The top speed 31.3mph, avg speed 17.2. Total distance 12.63 miles.

I have 4 x 12Ah SLA batteries to power the kit. The start voltage was 52.5v and the end voltage was 49.0v.

I think this bike is a success and the kit works well. I like the geared hub motor but the SW-900 LCD doesn't seem to show speed when I am just coasting along. The motor must be active. The wheel magnet and coil pickup cable didn't come with the kit, so I need to purchase one of those to get it working properly.

The wheel magnet and coil pickup cable didn't come with the kit, so I need to purchase one of those to get it working properly.
You can get the sensors from BMS battery it's called the King Meter Speed Sensor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put an Ebikeling 700c 48v 1200w geared hub kit on my road bike for fun.

I think this kit is actually gearless direct-drive, based on the provided "48V 1200w" details. I came to this forum looking for posts on the only GEARED hub kit currently offered by ebikeling, which is described as a 36V 500W kit. It would be nice if Fastbike could review & respond here, maybe post a pic. The GEARED hub is currently silver in color, & smaller in diameter than the larger, black, higher-wattage rated direct-drive hub motors.

I don’t own an ebike yet, but I am looking to do a conversion on one of my old road bikes more or less to make it a car replacement (use the e-bike for all those short trips/commutes/grocery runs that I’d normally use the car for). I’ve been looking at a 36v Ebikeling kit (I’m a pretty strong cyclist/former racer so don’t need the extra power of a 48v kit).

Here’s my question - what is the experience with Ebikeling?

Also - batteries: I’ve been looking on Amazon and Alibaba and have found some interesting options in the $200 range.

What is the experience folks have had with batteries sourced from sites such as this?

I just bought my 3rd 26" 36V 500W rear geared kit from Ebikeling (via eBay). The kits are good quality, & communication has been good as well. I did have a brief problem with a pedal-assist sensor. Ebikeling sent a replacement magnet-disk & magnetic pickup which solved the issue. Kit shipping is prompt & free, you'll have it in a couple days. I updated my 2 Sun EZ-Speedster (high-racer style) recumbent bikes, now I'm about to do a recumbent tadpole-style trike. I've sourced my batteries on eBay. I bought a 36V 15.6AHr battery that serves my need for long rides nicely. My longest ride has been about 84 miles, flat-calm Florida, always pedaling continuously, start fully charged, with only the last of 5 battery segments remaining on my SW900. I'd recommend a 36V battery of at least 15 Amp-Hour capacity, 20 AHr if you can find one reasonably. I just paid $239 on eBay for the 15 AHr battery I'll use on my trike project. I'd recommend the battery professionally packaged in a form-factor like the Hailong-3 case. These invariably include a charger, on-off switches, possibly a 5V USB charging port. You'll find cheaper battery alternatives that appear as a shrink-wrapped brick of various dimensions. It looks $100 cheaper, but after finding a $20 bag then additionally hoping to find a trustworthy / compatible 36V charger, it's just not worth the risk. I've built 2 other kits sourced from China, only because Ebikeling did not offer a standard-witdh, 20" rear geared 36V kit, due to just not enough demand, I think. Ebikeling does offer a 20" "Fat-Tire" kit which wouldn't fit my application. For smaller than 26" wheels in standard-tire-width kits, you must go to China (or eBay sourced from China) & expect a ~ 20-day-later delivery.

Last edited:
Back