ebike with a 20 mile minimum range?

w6t

Local time
3:01 PM
I want a first eb with a 20 mile range min and a good pedaling rig too. Mostly hardtop roads but some gravel roads. No extreme roads.
I am in the SE beach area for the winter. I could buy a bike here and use it some and take it back to Idaho rural. Town is 20 miles away for me so
it would used there mostly on 2 lane roads with hills.
What do you recommend??

Do you have a budget? Do you need to stay under certain amount?

If town is 20 miles away, don't you need a 40 mile range?

How much do you weigh? how much cargo do you plan on carrying?

Temperature & wind conditions can affect battery range significantly, if you need a 40 mile range, I would have a spare battery just in case.

Great questions.....also.....do you want a folding bike......a step through.......how tall are you.......lots of great ebikes out there.

probably 100 mile range is better...no folding unless they are light...I need to haul up to 25 lbs... 5,8" 135 lbs
I can spend 1800USD. And I have the time to go look at a bunch in the USA cause I am traveling for the winter....
Any real good stores to go to with that in mind..?

So.. under $2k, 100 mile range, 175 lb. rider + cargo, within the US;

does that sum up your criteria?

Maybe present the same criteria to the person at your LBS (local bike shop) see if they can give you some suggestions.

Personally, I think 100 mile range is going to be difficult for $2K budget.

maybe50- 60 mile...I see the REI 2.2. looks interesting... if the upcoming recession kicks in hard the prices may drop ...
many models available it seems...much better than I thought..I want to stay away from the no name Chinese stuff....
Cannondale stuff is nice but pricey...Aventon-very nice....Ride up 700. nice

Nothing wrong with no-name Chinese stuff that I have purchased & used since 2016 or so.
My latest cargo ebike was under $1700, works well for me.

lh0GMpK.jpg

I like this Cannondale Neo ReMix 3....if it drops to 2600$ in the next few months I might go for it..

maybe50- 60 mile...I see the REI 2.2. looks interesting... if the upcoming recession kicks in hard the prices may drop ...
many models available it seems...much better than I thought..I want to stay away from the no name Chinese stuff....
Cannondale stuff is nice but pricey...Aventon-very nice....Ride up 700. nice
Keep in mind.....all these ebikes and parts are made in China.

The ride up 700 is on sale. 1495...but it only has 40 mile range .....I wonder if they are working on a model similar that has at least 60 miles...I would buy it today..

I would deduct 25% from ALL advertised battery range.
Especially if you're a heavier rider & rely mostly on throttle operation.
Ride1Up 700 is a very nice ebike, I'd imagine you can get close to advertised range if you operate in the lowest PAS level and keep the speed low.

Rad City 5....nice
right now its between Aventon Level 2. 1799$ and Ride Up 700 1500$.
Which one of these 2 would you go with?

Pedego Element, I’ve gone 45 miles using peddle-assist on some limestone trails and still had 2 bars left! I’m always using peddle-assist ( just doesn’t feel right not pedaling!) They are very affordable and the service is great. Also with the battery installed it only weighs 56#s!

I went to the Pdego store here in Alabama.....they looked ok but price is high...
Aventure 2 fat tire looks interesting..it would be good if they had an option for a slightly less fat tire but wider than regular..

I’m old but have always believed you get what you pay for! My Pedego dealer knew I was going to buy a bike for my wife this year, but last fall he called me and said he had a rental/demo with 600 miles he could sell me for close to half price! Went and looked at it(looked brand new!) rode it around, had them put a couple options( new seat,fenders) they threw in a brand new battery and off I went. You don’t get service like that on-line.

the only thing I wonder about with the ride1up 700 is that some reviews say the frame is low to the ground...can anyone comment on this compared to the ride stance of the Aventon....

Take a look at the KBO Breeze step through. It's well within your budget and someone of your weight should easily get 50 miles out of a single charge with a little assistance on your part. It also has the 2.4" tires so it rides smooth and quiet on pavement, less strain on the battery than a fat tire, yet is also good on gravel. The battery is Samsung 16ah and the motor is 500w/750w peak so plenty of power. I've had good luck with their customer support too.

For my New-Fall-Bike I bought a Juiced RipCurrent - my 11th eBike - and I am GENUINELY VERY IMPRESSED with the Manufacuring and Execution Details are at a higher level - several iinvolve exclusive tooling in China - that I have not ecountered with any of my other eBikes or eScooters. Even their 52V battery case is custom tooled with unique features - yet fits in standard dock for that type of battery. Gee's Juiced even has their bikes packed with FULL URETHANE INNER FOAM PACKAGING - so no nicks or scrapes.
I have no hesitation whatsoever tO SAY THIS - depending on your planned riding EITHER the Juiced CrossCurrent X or RipCurrent S - either choice will give you at least 50% more enjoyment than Aventon/RideUp - whatever...

CLICK HERE JUICED BIKES THEIR "BLACK FRIDAY" PRICING CROSSCURRENT X RIPCURREN S

Back