Ebike mph test under no load

luvdriven540i

Local time
8:22 AM
Hello ebikers!

I tested my new ebike conversion under no load. The speedometer read 51mph. How would that convert to load conditions? What would be the estimated mph under load? Thank you. :cool:

Hello ebikers!

I tested my new ebike conversion under no load. The speedometer read 51mph. How would that convert to load conditions? What would be the estimated mph under load? Thank you. :cool:
I'm not sure there's a formula for doing that. Just too many variables I suggest putting a jacket and helmet on and maybe some gloves and take a ride.

I'm not sure there's a formula for doing that. Just too many variables I suggest putting a jacket and helmet on and maybe some gloves and take a ride.
Thank you, Hoggdoc. I'll find a safe area and get a top speed. I'm guessing at least 38mph on a flat surface. I'm only 152lbs. (y)
:cool:

That may be a bit optimistic. But let me know what you come up with.
Hello Hoggdoc, I was finally able to get that top speed today. The Drag Racer app on my S9 showed 45mph, while the ebike's display showed 47.9. It even exceeded my expectations. Although, the 2000w, 72v kit is rated for approximately 75km/h, so the 45mph is in the ballpark. It was a fun ride! Had a blast today!

Thanks for the link. Did you build your battery pack? None of the FTH battery sets seemed to be rated for a 2000w motor.
If you were talking about a 48 V battery that battery pack we need be able to produce almost 42 A to provide 2000 W to the motor. You can calculate that by dividing the whites required by the voltage provided that will provide you with the amps needed.

Forgive my ignorance, Hoggdoc. W/V=A Ah=A*hr
How do I determine if a 48v-15ah can produce the required 42 amps?

Calculations aside, looks like a 72v 30Ah battery pack will set me back close to $800.
$1,200 (kit & battery) to make your bicycle go 45mph sounds pretty good.

Thanks for the link. Did you build your battery pack? None of the FTH battery sets seemed to be rated for a 2000w motor.
No, it was not a self built battery. I purchased it separately from the same Amazon seller in which I bought the kit. Here They are an excellent seller and really try to satisfy the customer. When I initially bench tested the kit prior to installing, the display was showing a 'throttle error' code. They immediately sent me a new throttle no questions asked. The kit and battery have been working flawlessly since. The 72v 20ah battery cost me $649. All the best.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for all the info. Its not hard to select a battery for a 500 or 750w motor. The 2000w kits are in a completely different realm.

Back