ebike Motor stuttering and jerking from time to time

Chaser

Local time
6:50 PM
My ebike motor is stuttering and jerking, I'm wondering if there is any way to tell if it is the motor or the motor controller causing this problem?

It could be a loss of connection. I have seen an ebike bottle battery that broke internally and caused the same problem whenever the connection was lost.

Check that the brake lever isn't cutting off power to the controller, or any loose connectors. When does this happen? If when you hit a bump in the road, or anything else.

Check that the brake lever isn't cutting off power to the controller, or any loose connectors. When does this happen? If when you hit a bump in the road, or anything else.
Hi I have this same issue it happens when just riding on normal surfaces like pavement or roads but happens more when going up hill

One of my trikes was doing that, turned out the battery was making a poor connection to it's cradle. That battery is what I think is called a dorado style, might be wrong on that but it loads from the side. The fix was using a couple velcro straps wrapping around the battery and frame to keep it tight. Plus I have moved that battery over to another homebuilt and positioned it in a direction where down makes the battery fit into it's socket naturally.

Hi I have this same issue it happens when just riding on normal surfaces like pavement or roads but happens more when going up hill
I have the same issue with a Bafang mid drive ultra G510 1000w motor. It happens when going up an incline. I haven't found an answer for it yet. How can I check if the problem is the hall sensor?

Back