Ebike for a person weighing 295 lbs - Mokwheel Tor Plus?

Ride On

Local time
1:56 AM
Hi Folks,
New here and wanted to see what everyone would recommend for a person weighing close to 300 lbs. Right now I am looking at a Mokwheel Tor Plus, https://www.mokwheel.com/products/tor-plus. Is anyone familiar with this model? I am a 63 year old, 5'11" old retired mountain biker. Greatly appreciate anyone's help. Looking to some desert riding here in the Phenix, AZ area where I live. Thanks for everyone's help!

Ride On

Hi Folks,
New here and wanted to see what everyone would recommend for a person weighing close to 300 lbs. Right now I am looking at a Mokwheel Tor Plus, https://www.mokwheel.com/products/tor-plus. Is anyone familiar with this model? I am a 63 year old, 5'11" old retired mountain biker. Greatly appreciate anyone's help. Looking to some desert riding here in the Phenix, AZ area where I live. Thanks for everyone's help!

Ride On
I am not familiar with that brand. Just looking it over I would think that with a total weight of about 375 pounds that you would want good hydraulic brakes, (this bike has undisclosed mechanical calipers), and more than a lower end, 7 speed drivetrain. Most wheels are not rated for more than 300 total pounds.

Fat tire bikes don’t tend to need suspension forks because the tires absorb shock very well and lower end suspension forks tend to have a negative effect on handling.

There are many ebike manufacturers, and many have quality and support issues. My recommendation, for what it’s worth, is to research the manufacturer and buy from one with a good track record and if possible, ride before you buy.

Best of luck. I hope that you find one that fits your need. They are great fun.

Thanks everyone for your help and input. Black 100, really don't know how to take your post, already talked with my Doctor, no problem their, as far as going to the gym, I already do that, I was hoping for a little support, not a post being critical, give a person a little hope.

Back