Ebike charging

Inspector gadget

Local time
12:42 PM
New to biking after s 40 year lapse and thought after retiring would buy an ebike. Recently purchased a trek verve plus 2.My question is should I recharge battery after every ride -usually around 25 kilometres or should I let battery percentage drop close to being discharged before recharging.Just wondering what will give me best battery life thanks

...question is should I recharge battery after every ride... or should I let battery percentage drop close to being discharged before recharging.

Read everything about lithium batteries on BatteryUniversity.com. Pay close attention to charging at near-freezing temperatures if it applies to you. Don't charge past 85% of the battery's capacity or discharge past 20% and you can triple the number of recharge cycles... triple the life of the battery. Once you learn what you can do with 65% of the battery's capacity you can extend it by topping the battery off to 100% just before you leave. You can also dip into the 20% reserve if absolutely necessary, I have twice in 38K miles. I use 58.8V, 35Ah packs and regularly charge to 56.8V and don't dip past 45.4V, that's 65% capacity or 1337.7Wh. Once you are more familiar with the bike you will probably see that it has more "pep" with a higher charge, start out with a 50% charge and you will notice the difference. Batteries are the most expensive expendable part on the bike, it actually pays to manage them properly. The Grin Satiator is the best way to manage and maintain your battery. - https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/cycle-satiator.html

20220622_134749.jpg

Back