Ebike categories

ronniebellie

Local time
1:10 PM
When an ebike is advertised and categorized by the manufacturer as a "commuter" ebike, does that mean it's primarily (maybe solely?) designed for urban commuting? I'm looking hard at the Aventon LEVEL.2 ebike which has that categorization. However, I'm thinking that in my case only about 30% of my riding would be urban. I do live in an urban area (Spokane, WA, about 350,000 people in the metropolitan area), however, I'm thinking most of my riding will be recreational, on designated bike trails (hard surface or crushed rock) with distances between 30-60 miles per ride.

Would I be foolish in this context to consider a bike like this?

Your thoughts please.

Hiya ronnie :)

Welp i rode the Level 2 and it was very smooth riding...i didnt like it was only 500w (peak 750)

All in all i would say it is a good choice but i'd prefer a bigger motor like 1000w ....just my own preferences though.

I'm glad you had a chance to ride it. Do you think because it's categorized as a "commuter" bike that it still would be good for my purposes described above?
Hiya ronnie :)

Welp i rode the Level 2 and it was very smooth riding...i didnt like it was only 500w (peak 750)

All in all i would say it is a good choice but i'd prefer a bigger motor like 1000w ....just my own preferences though.

I'm glad you had a chance to ride it. Do you think because it's categorized as a "commuter" bike that it still would be good for my purposes described above?
If i were to use it the way you described above i'd probably carry some extra tubes just to be safe.
For the most part, yes I think it would do good recreationally with a bit more agressive tires, probably a toss up between road/urban/mountain
bike tires? The one i rode pulled pretty good up hills and i liked the torque sensor deal, but the 500w for me was a deal breaker.

My opinion is the Level 2 is pretty comfy and in PAS 1 or maybe even 3 would get around 30-35 miles.

If i were to use it the way you described above i'd probably carry some extra tubes just to be safe.
For the most part, yes I think it would do good recreationally with a bit more agressive tires, probably a toss up between road/urban/mountain
bike tires? The one i rode pulled pretty good up hills and i liked the torque sensor deal, but the 500w for me was a deal breaker.

My opinion is the Level 2 is pretty comfy and in PAS 1 or maybe even 3 would get around 30-35 miles.
This is good info. Thank you very much! Extra tubes are a good idea.

Back