East Tennessee Senior

Keren7

Local time
11:05 AM
I’ve been a mtbr since 2015. I’m now 65 and am still able to do both but having the assist of the ebike offers keeps me pedaling. For those who hold a grudge against e-mtbr’s, realize that one day, you may also need “pedal assist”. Also, those with asthma or other breathing problems are now able to enjoy the sport which keeps them living life to the fullest. I still ride both, but now mostly my e-bike. It has opened up a whole new world for me. To all bikers of all types: PLEASE BE KIND. You will one day either stop biking because you are up in age and your body no longer operates like the person you were or - you will keep on biking because of the advantages ebiking offers to those with illness and injury. All-in-all, all modes (ebikes, pedal-assist and analog bikes) allow us all to STAY IN IT! Life…

Good point to make with those who believe e-bikes are "cheating." A lot of elitism out there. I went to an electric road bike after knee replacement. That said, I have seen posts on an e-bike FB page where e-bikers brag about things like "effortlessly pedaling" past road bikers grinding up a hill. That kind of an attitude does not do e-bikers any favors.

Back