e-MTBike Handling

Hmmm... My Land Cruiser is fun until I hit some tight, twisty very smooth stuff. Man these SUVs handle like CRAP. ;)

A current model Levo or Haibike or Powerfly is a 50 lb bike. Were you expecting something else?

As with any bike, demo before buying! You might find you like the 6Fattie FS more...? (Or less)

I used to work for Bafang, E MTB middle drive manufacturer. I have the chance now more about the motor, So here is my thought. if the E MTB wanna bring the weight down, they need focus on Hub driver not middle driver . middle driver is too heaven and have a little change to reduce the weight, I got news is the 2018 new middle drive will using rod to replace the chain.. so more heavier.. another possibility is using carbon fiber as the shell of the motor. no body tried yet..

Ok had to comment here as "handling" is what I noticed moat today

Decided to see what all the fuss ia about. So demoed a Levo 6fattie...

Ride a beast of the east on 3.0s, had my fat bike too

RS Pike forks did nothing but piss me off.

The rear shock was first OEM tune i dont bottom out easily. Makes me kind of want an FS as long as it has whatever shock was on that thing. That was a nice ride without any real annoying bob.

Fun bike tooling around till i hit some tight, twisty, mildly rocky stuff. Man these things handle like CRAP. And GC tires sucked on those trails to add to the issue. I was even on a bike that was almost too small (too small but not knee bashing, need a chiro visit too small) which was no big deal.

Truly I was big smiles till I hit that trail section which my BOTE loves. This thing annoyed me. Rather have ridden my fat bike in that area (which i did after to get my buzz back)

I see the fun, especially going up. I kind of want a e-fatty now for screwing around. But for real trail use, nope. Ill grunt out climbs under my own power to enjoy the rest of the trail.

Back