E-bike transportation question (Super73 S2)

Motorstreet

Local time
5:05 AM
I recently bought a Super73 S2 and would like to take it on vacation. Can anyone recommend a car rack for transporting E-bikes? Also, any suggestions for a cover to keep it dry on a long car trip? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Lots of $30 bike covers but the problem will be in not having it stolen when left on the car. Hollywood is a good company that makes strong and comparatively inexpensive bike racks.

Since the super73 weighs close to 100lbs, I would buy a bike rack designed to hold 4 bikes. Hitch mount racks are best, for many reasons.

Years ago, dealt with body-mounted bike racks; not only did they damage body panels, they aren't very secure from theft.
Fast forward, get a hitch mount, and lock it to your car, and lock your bike to the rack. For a heavy bike, get a roll on rack.
Dan

I recently bought a Super73 S2 and would like to take it on vacation. Can anyone recommend a car rack for transporting E-bikes? Also, any suggestions for a cover to keep it dry on a long car trip? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Kuat makes great bike racks that hold the bike by tires. So they work with any frame shape. And they are rated for the weight of ebikes.

Kuat are very expensive and heavier than the racks from 1Up and Hollywood and others. Worth considering if you plan on taking the rack off the vehicle and not leaving it on 100% of the time.

A rear bike rack has interfered with the backup sensors on my SUV and initiated collision backup braking on my pickup truck. With both vehicles it blocked the backup camera and it also blocked the license plate from view. A rack can also block rear turn signal lights and rear tail and brake lights on a vehicle so I do not leave my 1Up rack on all the time.

Back