E bike recommendations for timber, hunting and pulling deer?

Sizz

Local time
3:21 AM
Hey all,

Looking to get a string E bike that can hold up in the colder months, wet and snow. Will be using to get deep into a timber in remote areas, reliability is a plus! Power also will be primary , able to pull loads of 150 pounds give or take on a trailer. Prefer a bike with rear luggage rack, good LED lights, prefer 1000* watt able to be dialed down to 750 for public land. I really like the FLX Blade 2.0, and Bixtrix juggernaut XD specs but no idea when this bike will be available by Oct 1.

Thank you

I would ask the vendor if the motor can be tuned to meet your needs. I have a biktrix Monte Capro with Bafang canbus controller it's not programmable.
1000w 1500w peak power.
Well this question comes up quite often and we just recently had a discussion with somebody else asking the same thing. Research tells me that you should be looking for a bike with a mid drive motor at least 1000 W 7+ speed derailleur or an internal geared hub if you can afford it.

The company that comes to mind is RAMBO E Bikes. They have several models and different price points. I have a neighbor that hunts every year and bought a Himiway All Terrain thinking it would work for him. It did but not to his satisfaction. He has since sold it and bought at Rambo mid drive.

I would suggest a fat tire 4'0" Plus, Mid Drive Bafang HD system (1000w+) programmable, Hydro brakes and carrying capacity of 350 lbs plus including rider. Anything less than that won't be good for your needs, IMHO.

Well this question comes up quite often and we just recently had a discussion with somebody else asking the same thing. Research tells me that you should be looking for a bike with a mid drive motor at least 1000 W 7+ speed derailleur or an internal geared hub if you can afford it.

The company that comes to mind is RAMBO E Bikes. They have several models and different price points. I have a neighbor that hunts every year and bought a Himiway All Terrain thinking it would work for him. It did but not to his satisfaction. He has since sold it and bought at Rambo mid drive.

I would suggest a fat tire 4'0" Plus, Mid Drive Bafang HD system (1000w+) programmable, Hydro brakes and carrying capacity of 350 lbs plus including rider. Anything less than that won't be good for your needs, IMHO.
Thank you!

You are asking quite a bit from an ebike.......I have hunted for many years.....I can't imagine being on my ebike in the places I have hunted and gotten deer, bear and elk. I use my Artic Cat 400 quad with a big winch on the front for that purpose or my 4x4 pick up truck. That's just me.

Again this is for public hunting land where ATV’s are prohibited! Secondly a hunter friend of mine drug a 150 lb whitetail out on his off brand BPM imports last year with a rope, easily. I’m just not a fan of that brand. I’ll also be using a trailer to do this.

Again this is for public hunting land where ATV’s are prohibited! Secondly a hunter friend of mine drug a 150 lb whitetail out on his off brand BPM imports last year with a rope, easily. I’m just not a fan of that brand. I’ll also be using a trailer to do this.
I hear ya......good luck......I've packed out a lot of deer and elk over the years......can't imagine getting a bike into those areas....,if a bike works for you....be safe...have fun...happy hunting.

The problem is one of having enough traction at the wheels. I would want at a minimum a bike with power to both the front and the rear wheels and a way to hitch up a trailer. This is one situation where are a AWD ATV would be a better much choice.

I would consider building one customized to your exact needs. Might get a friend who’s handy to help, if you aren’t. That’s what I did.. twice.

Attachments

• 8AEE831E-7ECF-4415-8728-DFCF55CFBC8D.jpeg
    8AEE831E-7ECF-4415-8728-DFCF55CFBC8D.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 202
Check out the Rungu hunting bike this one though you can forget about dialing down to 750w. Just get another bike for pedaling around town.
I have not hunted in years, we have wild goats that are considered feral on the Island.
I still ride out to the shooting range occasionally
Looks like a lot of extra weight to me. Now if they were AWD maybe it would be worth it.

I +am in the same boat but the terrain may be easier because of my local. I have moved off of my original and am now leaning towards biktrix classic. Very comparable to rambo in my opinion.....

What’s your thoughts on the Bankou Storm?
I ride the Backou Mule, it may be a good fit for you. Hardtail, not full suspension like the Storm. If I was towing a trailer, I think I'd rather have a hardtail, as the extra weight of the trailer may do strange things with the rear suspension ... The Mule is solid. No problems, after 6 months of riding. The standard battery (~17 amp hours) has a realistic range for me of between 14 and 22 miles, depending on terrain, in ECO mode level 1-3. With a trailer you'd probably be on the throttle and maybe in Sport mode, so your range would be less. You'd probably want a spare battery.

Back